Gigabyte B650e Aorus Master - fans sensor values greyed out

Hi, it seems there's some issues with accessing the second SuperIO chip on b650e aorus master - any fan connected to it is almost always greyed out in the sensors list and there were some stuttering when i clicked on sensors values that are supplied by that EC. Also, maybe it's unrelated and I certainly don't blame anyone, but I've bricked one board (b650e master, I mean) with EC flash and I had hwinfo running in the background (after failed flash all fans on that controller (that are greyed out on this screenshot) were running at 100% speed before the board finally stopped posting after CMOS reset), maybe there's something interfering with normal functioning of that controller (it8792e).

1684324586619.png

Those two fans are accessed via a special dedicated Embedded Controller interface which is different from usual SuperIO.
The fact that those values are becoming grey means HWiNFO is unable to obtain valid values from those sensors. This could be a result of interference with some other client using the same interface.
Disabling the "EC Support" option will skip accessing those values and the entire EC interface.

Those two fans are accessed via a special dedicated Embedded Controller interface which is different from usual SuperIO.
The fact that those values are becoming grey means HWiNFO is unable to obtain valid values from those sensors. This could be a result of interference with some other client using the same interface.
Disabling the "EC Support" option will skip accessing those values and the entire EC interface.
Thanks for the clarification, is it possible to determine which other process might access it? I have no other monitoring software apart from HwInfo (and RTSS)

I'm afraid that's not possible. It could be the BIOS/ACPI or another GIGABYTE software.

Back