Gigabyte X99-UD3P AVCC3

adobepro

Hi Martin,

Hate to bug you again, but I do see this fluctuation consistently and searched here and google/bing/etc... and can't seem to figure out what voltage the AVCC3 should supply and whether or not it should fluctuate. Cursory, I think it's related to the +3.3v rail, but not sure, since I see it go as high as 5v and as low as .5v

By any chance, do you know what AVCC3 is, and what is a safe range for it? It looks like the ITE IT8620E is a custom GB chip and there's no available public datasheet for it.

Thanks as always!

[attachment=2408]​

Attachments

• avcc3.png
    avcc3.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 6
AVCC3 should reflect the +3.3V Analog Power Supply voltage, but such high fluctuations can mean that it's either not connected or an invalid readout.

Martin said:
AVCC3 should reflect the +3.3V Analog Power Supply voltage, but such high fluctuations can mean that it's either not connected or an invalid readout.

OK thanks -- I'll reinstall GB SIV and see which property I should be looking at for the 3.3 voltage, as the only stable 3.3 reading is coming from the 3VSB. Maybe the AVCC3 is not connected like you mentioned. According to this video, it's an all digital design for power delivery (he talks about it at 4:04) so maybe the analog sensing of it wont work correctly:

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/U3fYKz0ADy8?t=4m5s[/video]

Back