GPU sensors

VAMET

Dear Martin

Which sensor is responsible for GPU (GTX 970 4GB) memory usage in MB?

- Memory allocated
- D3D memory dedicated
- D3D memory dynamic

Thank you for your help and support.

Sincerely

"GPU Memory Allocated" is the best indicator.
The D3D values values concern the Direct3D interface only.

Dear Martin

...but when I would like to display (in OSD) GPU Memory Usage value used by launched game? GPU Memory Allocated is still the proper one?

Sincerely

Dear Martin

I have got MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4 and I have recently installed MSI Gaming APP for GPU OC. There is a special button to set fans of GPU to work at 100%. I have discovered that, when I click that button in MSI Gaming APP, there are two new sensors in HWiNFO64 for my GPU, I mean Fan Usage in % and RPM. When I reboot my system and don't use MSI Gaming APP boost for my GPU fans there are no sensors in HWiNFO64.

Are there any possibility, that you will add such sensors for my GPU without going to use MSI Gaming APP fan boost button everytime I reboot system? I ask, because I use GPU Fan sensor in RPM in my OSD.

I would be glad for you support and help.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

I can check that, but please attach 2 HWiNFO Debug Files: one made prior to setting GPU fans to 100% and another one after that.

Dear Martin

I need to check Debug Mode in HWiNFO64 settings and restart it? Files will be in the installation directory of HWiNFO64? I will attach them after I will back from work at 5-6 PM.

Sincerely

Yes, you need to enable Debug Mode and then start HWiNFO. The resulting DBG file will be in the same directory as HWiNFO64.EXE.

Dear Martin

I would not start another thread here, so I have got questions about CPU sensors. There are 4 cores for my CPU i5 4690k and I have got in HWiNFO64 every data for each CPU Core for Voltage, Temperature, Clock. Are there any sensors in HWiNFO64, which will show average values - something like CPU Cores Clock Average (one sensor but average for 4 cores), CPU Cores Voltage Average (one sensor but average for 4 cores), CPU Cores Temperature Average (one sensor but average for 4 cores)?

Sincerely

Dear Martin

I have attached DBG files, where _Before is without GPU Fan sensors and _After is with GPU Fan sensors after clicking Boost GPU Fan to 100%. Any chance for new Beta of HWiNFO64 to add GPU Fan sensors after system reboot without need of clicking Boost GPU Fan in MSI Gaming APP?

I would be glad for your support.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

Attachments

• HWiNFO64_After.DBG
    755.6 KB · Views: 2
  • HWiNFO64_Before.DBG
    509.4 KB · Views: 2
I'm not sure what exactly is the problem there, but the NVIDIA drivers report just 0 RPM until you kick the fan. So this looks like NVIDIA driver issue.
Another thing I noticed is that the GPU fan was set to be controlled by software (not automatically by HW). Not sure why is it set so, but it should not affect measuring of fan speed by driver.
I suggest to check with your GPU card manufacturer.

Back