GPU Usage R9 380x

The GPU usage percentage is not showing accurately when running two R9 380X in crossfire. The percentage is jumping around randomly on both GPUs. I know these cards are new so you might have to adjust the software.

System:
Windows 7- 64bit
Sabretooth 990fx
AMD FX8350
R9 380X (X2)

Can you please attach the HWiNFO Debug File capturing that situation ?
It's quite possible that this is an AMD driver bug - does the AMD control center (Radeon settings) show the same behavior ?

Here is the debug file. Just a bit of extra info, I was running a pair or 270X before and the GPU usage stats were almost the same during game play. One would be at 56% and the second would be at 51%. Since I installed the new 380X the usage has been all over the chart and sometimes at 0% on both of them during game play. I know the cards were released a few weeks ago and all the drivers might not be updated, also in Radeon Settings (Crimson) is shows both of the cards running almost the same percentage.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    960.9 KB · Views: 2
This seems to be a driver issue because HWiNFO shows the usage reported by the AMD drivers.
Maybe a later updated driver will fix this.

Negative still the same result. Ive attached the debug file. I was playing a game in window mode with crimson up and noticed that crimson was showing erratic GPU usage also.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    960.9 KB · Views: 1
The debug file you attached is from build 2700. Are you sure you have used the new build 2713 ? Please attach a new Debug File using that build.

Well, if AMD's own tools report a wrong usage then I'm afraid the problem must be somewhere else (probably drivers, or GPU).

Yea, that's what I was thinking. i was running 3DMark Fire strike and all three (Crimson, MSI Afterburner, hwinfo) were all showing different GPU usage. I kinda expected this given the cards were just released. Ill just wait for software to catch up.

Back