HWiNFO 7.0 won't work anymore with Rainmeter

roughnecks

Hello,

I just had an update for HWiNFO 7.0 and now my Rainmeter only shows zeroes for everything.
What should I do/check?

Thanks

Check in HWiNFO if you have the Shared Memory Support option enabled. Since v7.00 it's default state is Disabled as per:

I think the worst part about this is that you removed all the links to your older version that do not have this kneecap. This means rainmeter is pretty much not able to use this feature for more than 12 hours for everyone unless you pay for it. Literally the only thing I used HWInfo for was to create cool skins in rainmeter. Now its pretty much useless for the majority of the populous using it. I mean I get you want your $$ for the software and I totally can get behind this for new releases but don't kick everyone in the teeth by removing all links to your old versions.

It was never my intention to charge for such feature, it's a side-effect of a wider restriction imposed on commercial use (described in several other posts here).
I'm currently working with the Rainmeter team on how to continue providing this feature without limit and for free.

You can download all older releases on FossHub.

Registered an account here just to add my displeasure about this change. I typically donate and don't mind paying a reasonable amount for a software license, but $25 for a personal "Pro" license just to get the "Shared Memory Support" feature from turning itself off (after being available for several years) is a slap to the face, especially when that's the only "Pro" feature that's of interest to those of us with broken Rainmeter skins. Btw, information of the Rainmeter plugin is still published on the "Add-ons" page of the HWinfo website with no notes that a "Pro" license is required for it to work without limits.

Now my Rainmeter skin has turned from this:
1615664173055.png

To this:
1615663864273.png

It was never my intention to charge for such feature, it's a side-effect of a wider restriction imposed on commercial use (described in several other posts here).
I'm currently working with the Rainmeter team on how to continue providing this feature without limit and for free.

You can download all older releases on FossHub.
Fosshub links to the 7.0.0 version not the older 6.48 from what Ive found. https://www.fosshub.com/HWiNFO.html

It doesn't seem worthwhile to create a whole new thread, but this is also affecting the HWiNFO plugin for Stream Deck.

That was the only reason I installed HWiNFO, and it's really not worth the cost of a HWiNFO license on its own—especially since the Pro license is only valid for a year's worth of updates. If I'm going to get stranded on an old version of HWiNFO eventually unless I pay more, I might as well strand myself on v6.xx right now, for free.

Registered an account here just to add my displeasure about this change. I typically donate and don't mind paying a reasonable amount for a software license, but $25 for a personal "Pro" license just to get the "Shared Memory Support" feature from turning itself off (after being available for several years) is a slap to the face, especially when that's the only "Pro" feature that's of interest to those of us with broken Rainmeter skins. Btw, information of the Rainmeter plugin is still published on the "Add-ons" page of the HWinfo website with no notes that a "Pro" license is required for it to work without limits.

Now my Rainmeter skin has turned from this:
View attachment 6120

To this:
View attachment 6118
Registered an account just to add my displeasure with the pettiness and nerve it takes to sit here and complain about a free utility that puts the user entirely in charge and has built in mechanisms to avoid issues like this, but even if it didn't the developer literally responded right above your post that it was being worked on and included the workaround, and yet you took the time not to thank them for supporting an application with a speed that is superior to many paid apps, but instead to complain that you cant get the info you desire without a few extra clicks.

In reality i registered just to say thanks to the developers, please never forget most of us appreciate you and understand that you could easiily begin asking for monthly subscription fees like so many other developers are doing right now, so thank you for everything

There's a "OLDER VERSIONS" button.
please see my above response, i truly appreciate your hard work. i have only just started fooling with rainmeter so i am not sure if this is fixed or not, seeems i can get it working while the reporting screen is open, i'll just swich to the old version if i can't figure it out for now. thanks again

Last edited:
Back