HWiNFO can't see fans on newer Dell machines?

I have made some progress here but stopped struggling passing the correct BDat object (encapsulating an array in a variant). In C++ this is quite tough and the documentation is not clear..
Debugging this and moving on will be probably quite tedious and require many test runs...
Hi Martin, any updates on this?
Having same issue on Dell 5431 (I7-1270p)
Tried every software out there *(including DellFanManagement), and nothing can control fans, except for Dell Power Manager official software, which lock you to specific values even under "Cool Profile" like (If hit 70c-Fan 70%, if hit 90c fan 100%). Which is incredibly tough, I usually keep laptop on my stomatch at bed, but it gets so hot it burns me.... Changing thermal paste didn't work ether, as fan just stays on 60-70% when temp is at 75C =( I sent several messages to Dell support - got ignored with regular replies like
("We at Dell know which Fan values are the best for our costumers, and don't provide any control over it. Please Use Dell Power Manager with 3 settings only, and if you don't like them you can suck our ***")

I end up tearing fan connectors (4 wires) and soldering fan wires to +5v test pin points on the motherboard, just to get stable 100% fan speed all the time. But now Dell Diagnostic Tool makes weird noises every time I boot laptop... OMG dell.

My last hope is your software support :) Let me know if you will have any luck with. Thank you!

Last edited:
I'm sorry, still no news here. It's still on my list but so far I wasn't able to make any breakthrough.

I'm sorry, still no news here. It's still on my list but so far I wasn't able to make any breakthrough.
Thank you for your reply, Let me know if you will have any test build to try, i will gladly help.
For now, I'll I think I will solder 2.2K ohm resistor in chain, to lower voltage to ~4v on a fan, which should keep it around 87% fan speed all the time. As 100% is really loud...
But these kind of solutions for premium line of laptops are ridiculous... Dell becoming Apple now :D

Yes, DELL is very strict and doesn't like when customers tweak their ssytems or change their pre-defined parameters. Sometimes there are valid reasons for this but in many cases this might be very uncomfortable for many users.

Hi Martin, sorry to bother you again on this subject.

I've got a brand new dell precision with a i7 13800H, and the fan in behaving horribly, I am wearing a headset most of the time to be able to bare with it...
Like LD341, I've tested every software available, even DellFanManagement, and nothing is able to control this erratic fan.
Any update on this possible laptop-saving feature ?

Thanks a lot !

Well, if even DellFanManagement doesn't work then I'm afraid we can't add support either.
Looks like DELL really doesn't like if others change fan speeds and they are trying to avoid this.

Hiya, Martin. Hope you're well.

Is there a list of compatability for Dell laptops with these two programs of yours and Aaron's? My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 3505 from 2021's early summer. Is this compatible or am I stuck with a dud? Thank you.

Sorry, there's no such list. It's not just about the model but also firmware (BIOS) can change this.

Is there a list of compatability for Dell laptops with these two programs of yours and Aaron's? My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 3505 from 2021's early summer. Is this compatible or am I stuck with a dud? Thank you.
Both programs should "probably" work with Dell laptops released in 2020 or earlier (Intel 10th-gen CPUs or older). They changed the fan interface with 2021 / 11th-gen systems.

Both programs should "probably" work with Dell laptops released in 2020 or earlier (Intel 10th-gen CPUs or older). They changed the fan interface with 2021 / 11th-gen systems.
Hey, Aaron, thank you so much for your reply! My CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 3450U with Raedon 8 Vega GPUi, says the name of it is Picaso. Does this qualify? I tried downloading your GUi but it says it no longer exists, so do you have a mirror anywhere in case it does work? Thanks!

I've booted up Martin's HWInfo and it can detect my temps and the EC sensor but haven't looked at a tutorial on how to mess with the fans yet. I'm having a look now. Bear with.

Hey, Aaron, thank you so much for your reply! My CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 3450U with Raedon 8 Vega GPUi, says the name of it is Picaso. Does this qualify? I tried downloading your GUi but it says it no longer exists, so do you have a mirror anywhere in case it does work? Thanks!

I've booted up Martin's HWInfo and it can detect my temps and the EC sensor but haven't looked at a tutorial on how to mess with the fans yet. I'm having a look now. Bear with.
They made the change with AMD systems at the same time. If your system is 2021 or later then it will likely not work.

They made the change with AMD systems at the same time. If your system is 2021 or later then it will likely not work.
It works! I dunno how to use this program at all, though. Is your program any easier? I'd love to just download it just to see, so may you pass the link to the GUi? Thank you. Tryna understand how to use both. Not put all my eggs in one basket kinda energy too.

I managed to change the RPMs but there's no option to change them between three set RPMs. 0, 2500, 5400. Is there any way to do this? Finally, is there a way to setup a gaming profile? As the fans are always blaring during general use. Thank you!

Back