HWINFO does not retain window setting

Hi, i've been experiencing this same behavior, the problem is the sensors window won't save size, position and state if it's snapped to a screen border. I generally snap it to the right side, and close it, every time i reopen it, it reverts back to the last known state, this behavior doesn't occur if the window is "floating". I hope this helps

Hi, i've been experiencing this same behavior, the problem is the sensors window won't save size, position and state if it's snapped to a screen border. I generally snap it to the right side, and close it, every time i reopen it, it reverts back to the last known state, this behavior doesn't occur if the window is "floating". I hope this helps

Thanks for your feedback. This is quite strange as I'm trying to reproduce this, but can't - window position is always properly saved and restored including snapping to any border or corner.
So I'm wondering whether there are perhaps some other criteria needed to be met.

Thanks for your feedback. This is quite strange as I'm trying to reproduce this, but can't - window position is always properly saved and restored including snapping to any border or corner.
So I'm wondering whether there are perhaps some other criteria needed to be met.
I've always had this behavior, W10, W11, this particular install is a week and a half old. If there's anything i could do that'll help you, let me know.

EDIT: Just trying some things, i noticed that if i snap the window to any border, maximize, then restore it, after closing it, it saves position and state.

Last edited:
Hello Martin,

I have similar problem. I am using single monitor (samsung g9 ultrawide). I am mainly using the native resolution of 5120x1440. I have arranged the sensors in the right side of the screen. But sometimes I switch to custom resolution 3840x1440 and my hwinfo windows get "scrambled".
1647177488486.png

If I have "Validate Window Position" off and exit hwinfo before switching resolutions, it's ok I think. But if I do not exit hwinfo and switch resolutions my windows get scrambled no matter of the validate option.
1647177513382.png

Is there any way to mitigate this situation? I mean the purpose would be to have same windows arrangement no matter of the resolution.

I would suggest additional option (desktop coordinate start, or whatever name you decide) for selecting from where the coordinate begins (in my case it would be upper right corner) working together with "Validate Window Position" would make it possible? Of course depending of the resolution some part of window may get outside of the visible area, but I think that's acceptable.

p.s. If you think that my post is for another thread please move it out :)

I don't think this issue is related to HWiNFO as changing the resolution automatically changes positions of all items on screen. This is maintained by Windows and not HWiNFO.

Back