HWiNFO hangs up when customizing values in sensor window

franz

Hi,

I'm running HWiNFO64 v6.24-4120 on a GIGABYTE TRX40 Aorux Xtreme motherboard and AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X under Windows 10.

While trying to customize values (color some metrics for quicker visualization), HWiNFO hands up when right-clicking on a metric when it should display the contextual menu:

1586623202774.png

It seems to be in some kind of deadlock situation.

This has happened twice within a few minutes.

Franz

Attachments

• 1586623183140.png
    1586623183140.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 1
Have you perhaps changed the order of items, or is "Fixed order" active?
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File of the hang. When it happens, you'll need to kill the HWiNFO process and attach the debug file it produced.

"Fixed order" is active.

I've enabled Debug Mode and reproduced the crash (it's really very easy to repro: just right-click on items and change their properties, like making them bold; repeat until it hangs).

Please find the debug log in attachment.

Franz

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    500.5 KB · Views: 2
I'm trying to reproduce this crash, but can't get it there. Can you please describe precisely what items you did select, which buttons pressed and when the crash deadlock happens?

Sure: it happens on any sensor, it doesn't appear to be linked to any particular one. In the sensor window, what I simply do is right-click on a sensor, choose "Customize values...", toggle "Bold" then click Ok. Repeat the process, sometimes I'll need to repeat the process about a dozen times before it hangs.

Maybe this is related to (or the chance of the bug occuring is higher thanks to) the large number of sensor entries I have on this machine.

I'm a native application developer myself. If you're willing to send me a debug build with symbols in private, I should be able to capture the callstacks for the threads involved in the deadlock (if the cause is indeed a deadlock, which it might not be).

Back