HWiNFO v7.73-5380 Beta released

No, the problem is something else. The new HWiNFO64 can be started from any folder but for the OSD to work properly it requires to be located in a "secure" folder. But otherwise it will work.

The problem @Thinkpad sees is different. Applications with uiAccess cannot be started using certain functions like CreateProcess which is also used by Task Scheduler. That's why the HWiNFOLauncher had to be created as it spawns HWiNFO using a different function. The same problem affects the PA.Launcher. I have reached out to PA if they have some solution for their launcher.
Sorry to jump in but I want to make sure I understand this. I have disabled the task I created to start HWINFO, enabled Auto Start in HWINO, and let it create the HWINFO launcher. That is all working fine now, but HWINFO v7.73-5385 beta and the HWINFO launcher are in a directory on my Programs drive - not under C:\Program Files\. If I want to use the new OSD feature do I need to move the HWINFO files from my Programs drive to C:\Program Files\ so they are in a Secure folder?

Sorry to jump in but I want to make sure I understand this. I have disabled the task I created to start HWINFO, enabled Auto Start in HWINO, and let it create the HWINFO launcher. That is all working fine now, but HWINFO v7.73-5385 beta and the HWINFO launcher are in a directory on my Programs drive - not under C:\Program Files\. If I want to use the new OSD feature do I need to move the HWINFO files from my Programs drive to C:\Program Files\ so they are in a Secure folder?

Yes, for the OSD to work properly especially in full-screen applications/games, HWiNFO needs to reside in the default "Program Files" folder.
If this condition is not met, HWiNFO will start anyway and OSD will work in the Independent window mode or in most windowed applications, but it might not show in overlay mode in some full-screen apps.

Yes, for the OSD to work properly especially in full-screen applications/games, HWiNFO needs to reside in the default "Program Files" folder.
If this condition is not met, HWiNFO will start anyway and OSD will work in the Independent window mode or in most windowed applications, but it might not show in overlay mode in some full-screen apps.
Is it limited to Program Files or can it be in what is listed here by Microsoft:

Reference​

This policy setting enforces the requirement that apps that request running with a UIAccess integrity level by marking UIAccess=true in their app manifest must reside in a secure location on the file system. Relatively secure locations are limited to the following directories:
  • \Program Files\ including subdirectories
  • \Windows\system32\
  • \Program Files (x86)\ including subdirectories for 64-bit versions of Windows

Back