HWInfo Vcore Reads min and Max 0/4.064

Hi Martin,
Thank you so much for all you do. I am trying to track down a problem I am having in HWInfo64 5.85 Beta, also had it in 5.84, thought updating might fix. My max and minimum VCore are occasionally dipping to 0 and jumping to 4.064. I was wondering if this is an issue with the sensors on my motherboard or maybe a glitch in HWinfo? Please let me know when you get get a chance. I attached my log file that shows the problem. I was not running any software when this happened other than Chrome and HWInfo64.

Thank you!
Environmental_Act

There seems to be a lot of hiccups (invalid readouts) on Vcore.
What mainboard is this? Attaching the HWiNFO Debug File might be helpful too.

Martin said:
There seems to be a lot of hiccups (invalid readouts) on Vcore.
What mainboard is this? Attaching the HWiNFO Debug File might be helpful too.

Hi Martin,
My apologies that I did not attach the Debug file. This is an Asus Prime Z370-A. This is the debug file from the most recent time I opened HWInfo64, I did experience a Vcore of 0 but not of 4.064 in this time frame. I cannot attach to this post as it keeps getting rejected for size requirements (8mb file). Please find the file at this link

Debug File

Please let me know if there is a different way you would like me to try to submit the file to you.

Thank you again for your help with this!

That's looks like some problem of the Vcore monitoring or mainboard logic. What values does the BIOS or ASUS AI Suite show?

Martin said:
That's looks like some problem of the Vcore monitoring or mainboard logic. What values does the BIOS or ASUS AI Suite show?

Bios shows normal stable Vcore around .97 when I open it. Almost never varies when I am viewing and when it does only by a few hundredths. Asus AI suite does show a drop in Vcore to 0 but none of the jumps to 4.064.

Martin said:
They might be reporting CPU VID instead of measured Vcore.

I havent experienced any crashes or blue screens that werent from a failed OC and my machine appears to run fine... Would you say this is just a bad sensor on the motherboard? Do you think I should RMA it?

Yes, it might be some problem with the sensor. But I'm not sure if this is worth an RMA.. Try to check on some forums (i.e. overclock.net) with users of the same mainboard and their experience.

Martin said:
Yes, it might be some problem with the sensor. But I'm not sure if this is worth an RMA.. Try to check on some forums (i.e. overclock.net) with users of the same mainboard and their experience.

Thank you so much for your input and time on this. I really appreciate your help!

Back