HWiNFO64 CPU Die (Average) Spike?

Same here. All seems to be pretty much fine except this 110c CPU Die (average) spike

Which mainboard and BIOS version do you have? Does that perhaps happen after resuming from suspend? Or any other monitoring tools running?

What mainboard and BIOS version do you have?
I have an ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming using BIOS 1416 (the latest). I'll ignore this thread and hop on the other one you provided. Thanks very much for asking your AMD contact about it, I'd love to hear what they have to say. If they want any information, I'll be happy to provide it or do experiments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same issue. I have a ticket opened with ASUS. They're asking me for information, and here's what they've said so far:

"We are currently working with our Technical Product Management for occasionally seeing large spikes in CPU Die temperature, SoC voltage and VDD voltage.. We would recommend that you reach out to us directly through Chat with Us, where we may quickly gather further details of your issue that you are experiencing real time especially on more complex and targeted situations.

To ensure that we have all of the relevant information that may be required to properly identify the issue you are experiencing, we would like to ask for you to provide the following at your earliest convenience.

We have an updated form and please fill up the updated attached form for us to coordinate this issue to our technical support department.

Please rest assured that we understand the urgency of this issue, and are confident that that resolution will be provided soon after we are able to review the above requested information.
"

Does that sound like they were already aware of it and are investigating?

Just for info, I have a ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming using BIOS 1416. I also want to emphasize something. I was accessing my PC remotely from work today. I was doing something on my workstation, and when I clicked on the remote desktop window, the values spiked immediately. It happened again the same way a little later. It's almost as if whatever I clicked on (the active window) initiated the spike somehow.

UPDATE: I just chatted with ASUS tech support as part of my ticket. According to him, the voltage (and I assume the temperature) are being read from the motherboard power system BEFORE the CPU. He swears that it's not possible for the CPU to see anything above 1.3 V SoC with the latest BIOS and it's safe. I'm still not convinced, but I do feel a little better. Based on my limited knowledge, what he says at least seems plausible.

Last edited:
Which mainboard and BIOS version do you have? Does that perhaps happen after resuming from suspend? Or any other monitoring tools running?
MSI PRO B650-P WIFI, latest bios v 153 from MSI website. I do resume a lot.

CPU-Z and afterburner with riva are always on. MSI center icon sits in the taskbar but I believe it is not running until you click on it which I avoid doing as I am happy with the performance

Check if those erratic values maybe occur after resume. There are many others wrong on your screenshot btw.

Check if those erratic values maybe occur after resume. There are many others wrong on your screenshot btw.
You talking about those millions of degrees haha. Here’s a screenshot after HWINFO restart (haven’t restarted PC in like 3 days)

I know that resuming is not very good on PC but I like continuity. I actually do consider leaving it always on but I’d like to know how much juice my PC would consume and there is no way in hell to figure that out with HWMONITOR (constructive criticism/feedback) and I don’t know any better

There is another issue that wasn’t there before. In previous HMMONITOR versions (but I also had different hardware back then) if I add a new table, I could see different stat pages side by side. Now it just opens an empty tab (see screenshot)

Attachments

• Snap 2023-05-30 at 15.11.22.jpg
    Snap 2023-05-30 at 15.11.22.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 33
Just one small note - HWMonitor is a different product from a different vendor, this is HWiNFO ;)
Enable the "Fixed order" option in Sensor Settings - Layout, that will then automatically place the items.

Just one small note - HWMonitor is a different product from a different vendor, this is HWiNFO ;)
Enable the "Fixed order" option in Sensor Settings - Layout, that will then automatically place the items.
My apologies, I ment HWINFO and you are a life saver, fixed order did the trick but again this leads to the point why the hell it is so confusing and not enabled by default. HWINFO is the best monitoring software and I've tried a lot over a long period of time but it is way too complicated with unnecessary stuff that clutters up the screen. I wish there was basic mode or something where you could see what actually matters POWER FREAKING CONSUMPTION AND TEMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All in one place clearly visible

It's enabled by default and becomes disabled when the user attempts to change the order.
Each user has a different preference and looks for different values, it's impossible to please all.

Hi there and thank you for investigating.

Just wanted to let you know that I encountered this situation today myself. Was playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider for like an hour after which I noticed:

* CPU Case temperature went up to 131 °C
* All other CPU temps showed the usual values around 80 °C
* SOC Max was 2,4.. V while usually staying at 1.24V
Measured by HWInfo 7.46

Don't know for how long this was the case but since the system was acting normal and stable I figured it might very well be a read out error that did not last long.

System is:

* Ryzen 7 7800X3D
* ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene with BIOS 1415
* 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5-6000
* EXPO activated
* PBO was set at -20 which is even more weird
* Boost got up to 5050 GHz

posting here as this is a top result on google searching for "hwinfo cpu die high temp"

Also opened hwinfo to see an extreme anomaly.

Motherboard: ROG STRIX B650-A GAMING WIFI
Bios version: 1616 - 2023/05/16

Software running:
HWiNFO64 v7.44-5100
MSI Afterburner
Fan Control V157

This CPU seems extremely prone to sudden temperature swings but this just seems too extreme.

n3ict1N.png

I'd like to encourage anyone who's seeing this issue to submit a support ticket to ASUS or AMD. They're not likely to take it seriously unless they see a pattern, and since most people don't monitor their voltages closely, there probably won't be many tickets.

They are taking it seriously. I'm in contact with both of them and had a chat with AMD about this a few hours ago; they are currently trying to reproduce this issue in their labs.

That's great to hear, thanks for doing that Martin. I've just sent more screenshots to ASUS. If either of them want to speak to me or need more info, I'll be happy to do anything they need.

Thx Martin. Could we join this thread with the one in the bug forum to keep things uncluttered?

Hi All - Yes, we are looking at this in the lab now. I'll get a few more systems running. So far, running various mixed workloads, we haven't reproduced it. Take care!

I’ll try to reproduce it again when I get back home but I recently changed it from DOCP 1 to DOCP 2 and haven’t seen the spike (but haven’t been testing it the same)

Kind of interesting that so far it's mainly ASUS boards showing up with these problems. Hoping it's not a hardware level issue. I've set my CPU SOC to 1.1 just to be safe, but I've noticed voltage spikes past 1.6 on the VDD Voltages. Unfortunately didn't take a screenshot.

Hi All - Yes, we are looking at this in the lab now. I'll get a few more systems running. So far, running various mixed workloads, we haven't reproduced it. Take care!
If it's any help I've noticed that these spikes usually occur when graphically intensive games output high FPS (Modern Warfare II and Fortnite).

Back