HWiNFO64 Crashes while detecting ATA/SCSI Drive/s *Fixed*

ninetenduh

The tool constantly crashes examining the Hardware specifically the ATA/SCSI portion in sensor mode, the tool cannot be closed via Task manager and only a full shut down closes the tool.

Attachments

• Screenshot_58.png
    Screenshot_58.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 8
Unfortunately this did not help, my MSI Z87 GD65 does have an ASMedia SATA controller however it is not in use and is not in the Device Manager.

Attachments

• Screenshot_59.png
    Screenshot_59.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 11
I can see now that the problem happens when HWiNFO queries the SAMSUNG HD103SI drive for its statistics status. It just hangs in the query.
Perhaps upgrading the Intel RST drivers might help. If not, you can try to disable "ATA Statistics Support" option in HWiNFO.

Gosh, that drive again, it is the oldest drive in my system and only 5400 rpm but it still works, but causes all kinds of issues.

Long story short, disabling ATA Statistics Support fixed it. Thank you very much for your time and help.

Gosh, that drive again, it is the oldest drive in my system and only 5400 rpm but it still works, but causes all kinds of issues.

Long story short, disabling ATA Statistics Support fixed it. Thank you very much for your time and help.
Thank you so much :eek: worked fine !!

Hi, i have the same problem but i can't get the Debug File. I've checked "Debug Mode" and something should happen? After the freezing at "Detecting ATA/SCSI Drives" the program is "locked" in the taskbar..can't open it.. i have access only for settings.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 0
Trust me, i've tried anything..i use this program alot, especially in gaming, monitoring anything.. tried to uninstall, reboot, installed the last version.. because i've installed a new motherboard & watercooled system, the temps were a bit higher so i've installed a different program to compare some values because now there are alot of new values that i don't know what they are. I think the problems starts when i installed this "hwmonitor" software.. after that my Hwinfo stopped working.. and no, i have no Asmedia right there, my motherboard is Gigabyte Z87X-OC

I'm trying to get that debug file but i don't understand what should i do..so the "debug mode" is checked, now what? "Then continue with the scan process. After the scan is finished, please close the application (in case of a crash or freeze, reboot the system). " after the scan is finished? when i click ok nothing happens, in my installation folder there is no debug file.

Attachments

• hwinfo.PNG
    hwinfo.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 3
It's quite strange that no HWiNFO64.DBG is produced in that folder. Are you perhaps running some applications that might be blocking HWiNFO? Riot Vanguard is one of such recent apps causing problems.
Another thing you might try would be to disable Drive Scan in HWiNFO if that maybe helps.

i don't play any Riot games so i don't have any Riot Vanguard. Another observation is that i can get to the program..but i can't access the Sensors..that only thing i need actually to get the values and send them through RivaTuner to my games. when i click on Sensors it opens me a blank window.

Attachments

• menu.PNG
    menu.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
I need the Debug File to capture the crash, so please open sensors and if it hangs/crashes or remains running but blocked, kill the application and then grab the Debug File.

Back