HWiNFO64 doesn't show VRM temperatures of XFX R7950 Black Edition

Tom620

Hi Martin,

The vrm temperature of my XFX 7950 card doesn't show up in HWiNFO64. As far as I can see core temp is accurate and changing according to load.

Enclosed a zip file with screenshots of gpu-z sensors and hwinfo64 sensors. Also added a debug log.

Maybe you can help me out.

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

• XFX R7950.zip
    150.6 KB · Views: 5
Are you sure that you GPU is able to monitor VRM values? Only certain higher-end models feature such sensors.
I can't see such values in GPU-Z either...
If you think it should be able to monitor such values, you also need to attach the HWiNFO Debug File, so I can analyze it.

OK. Let me know when you get a response. If there's a way how to monitor these values, I'll try to add this into HWiNFO.

I Also own the XFX HD7950 version and Hwinfo shows my vrm readings.
My card is the voltage unlocked version and was bought around release of the 7000 series.
I have read on other forums from people that also own the XFX card if its the voltage locked version you can't read the vrm temps :(

See image Attachment

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 6
I purchased my R7950 in January 2013. This must be the locked version, because MSI Afterburner won't let me adjust the voltage. The helpdesk of XFX didn't say anything about locked/unlocked versions. Thanks for clearing this up, shankly1985 :)

Tom620 said:
I purchased my R7950 in January 2013. This must be the locked version, because MSI Afterburner won't let me adjust the voltage. The helpdesk of XFX didn't say anything about locked/unlocked versions. Thanks for clearing this up, shankly1985 :)

No problem :D

Back