hwinfo64 hanging/freezing windows 10 1803

sirtoby1337

Hi, so i got this problem ever since windows 10 updated to 1803 and the problem is that when i got hwinfo64 running windows kinda just hangs like it works sort of or 10% of it works but most apps and things doesnt work its just doesnt respond, but i can move the mouse around etc..

Anyway after like a week of trying to solve it and reinstalling w10 on 2 dif ssds i finally found out that disabling bus clock-based and periodic polling under cpu clock measurement makes my pc work perfectly again... i did check event viewer and it kinda looks like it kills the nvidia driver maybe causing the problems? i dont know but disabling that fixed my problem atleast and i did try 10 dif nvidia drivers.

I dont know why its like that and i just wanted to write it here so if other ppl start getting the same problems and i hope that it might get fixed in the future.

hardware:

w10 64 pro
r7 ryzen 1700x
1080 ti
16gb ddr4 g.skill trident z 3200mhz cl14
samsung 850 evo 500gb
asrock fatal1ty x370 gaming itx
evga 650 g3

This problem has already been reported, see a few similar threads here.
I'm not sure either why is this happening, but it seems that something in the last Windows 1803 update is colliding with HWiNFO's method to measure clock.
In this case it's sufficient to disable "Periodic Polling", you don't need to disable the entire "Bus Clock-based" method.

Martin said:
This problem has already been reported, see a few similar threads here.
I'm not sure either why is this happening, but it seems that something in the last Windows 1803 update is colliding with HWiNFO's method to measure clock.
In this case it's sufficient to disable "Periodic Polling", you don't need to disable the entire "Bus Clock-based" method.

oh okey well thanks alot hope it gets fixed :D

same here, like other user i also experience this issue with hwinfo after update to windows 10 1803.

The pc will just freeze, all program including chrome and task manager is not responding, but the mouse still can move around and audio playback in chrome is still playing.

when it happen, i just press alt + f4 to terminate all running program and the windows will become responding again.

Specification

Ryzen 1700
Asus C6H
Gskill 3200MHz C14 16GB
EVGA GTX1060 6GB
Samsung 850 EVO
Liteon MU3 PH6
WD Black
Windows 10 x64 1803 (build 17134.81)
Chrome x64 66.0.3359.181
Hwinfo x64 5.82

Back