HWiNFO64 in UNICODE - Testers needed

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Over the last couple of weeks, there was an intense work performed to switch HWiNFO64 from ANSI to UNICODE. While (currently) the user shouldn't notice any difference, internally this change required rewrite of almost all portions of HWiNFO. This step was required for an even bigger feature planned - localization.
Since this change was so significant, it requires more extensive testing and some issues can be expected. Hence I'd like to ask any users willing to try, test and report back any issues observed.
Here's the new build with UNICODE support:

Please let me know any issues or discrepancies you find in comparison to the previous Beta build with steps to reproduce.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure if this is related, but the Total Host Reads for an ST5000DM000-1FK178 CC48/0511 external HDD is increasing at over 20,000 GB/s at first and now over 200,000 GB/s. Meanwhile, the Read Total is only increasing by a reasonable 120 MB/s. It previously only had this issue for Total Host Writes, and other disks such as the HFM512GD3JX016N and the CT525MX300SSD1 do not have this issue. After the disk activity finished, it was still increasing by a few GB/s. In 7.15_4633, both the Total Host Writes and Total Host Reads are over 2 billion GB. Opening 7.15_4615 shows a similar value above 2 billion for Total Host Writes, but only around 443,611 GB for the writes.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1 MB · Views: 1
Not sure if this is related, but the Total Host Reads for an ST5000DM000-1FK178 CC48/0511 external HDD is increasing at over 20,000 GB/s at first and now over 200,000 GB/s. Meanwhile, the Read Total is only increasing by a reasonable 120 MB/s. It previously only had this issue for Total Host Writes, and other disks such as the HFM512GD3JX016N and the CT525MX300SSD1 do not have this issue. After the disk activity finished, it was still increasing by a few GB/s. In 7.15_4633, both the Total Host Writes and Total Host Reads are over 2 billion GB. Opening 7.15_4615 shows a similar value above 2 billion for Total Host Writes, but only around 443,611 GB for the writes.
Can you please compare build 4630 with this new one? If there's still discrepancy please attach Debug File from both builds and with Debug Mode activated since program start.

I will give it a go and report back if I encounter any issues. May I ask - What is this new localization feature? Does it have to do with storing configuration data differently?

Localization means translation into different languages, for this UNICODE encoding is required.

Well I guessed that one wrong. I did smile when I read the post from PiersJH asking that HWINFO use English, not "American". I guess he likes it when localisation is spelled with an S instead of a Z.

Can you please compare build 4630 with this new one? If there's still discrepancy please attach Debug File from both builds and with Debug Mode activated since program start.
The download page just duplicates the tab when trying to download 4630. This has occurred several times in the past, so I have been skipping builds and updating whenever it can download.

I don't follow. I went to Announcements, then opened the thread for HWINFO64 v7.15-4630 Beta released, clicked on the HWiNFO v7.15-4630 Beta link at the top of the post, hovered over Free Download, then picked the FossHub server. This opened the download page ( ). I clicked on the HWINFO Beta link and the file downloaded, just like always. I have never had a problem downloading this beta version or any other. I am using the Chrome browser if that matters.

I don't follow. I went to Announcements, then opened the thread for HWINFO64 v7.15-4630 Beta released, clicked on the HWiNFO v7.15-4630 Beta link at the top of the post, hovered over Free Download, then picked the FossHub server. This opened the download page ( ). I clicked on the HWINFO Beta link and the file downloaded, just like always. I have never had a problem downloading this beta version or any other. I am using the Chrome browser if that matters.
It's the "Primary backup" under the gray button, and it works half of the time. I have a policy of always downloading all software from the original source. Sometimes I completely avoid using certain software because there is no original download source.

Back