HWinfo64 reports CPU at 219cel and fan not spinning

AL13N

I'm having an issue here with my system turning red with my RGB's set to "temp". I built this system 2 years ago and it's running fine till yesterday. My VRM fan in the I/O shroud isn't working, the CPU water block LED is turning red.
I opened GPU-Z and it reports CPU temp at normal but HWinfo says 219 Celsius. I need some help before I melt my system. It also reports chassis fans 2 and 3 at over 900 RPMs. I only have 2 fans, the 6" in the top of the case and the VRM fan in the I/O shroud.
Here's my system:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thx,
-Dave219.jpg

Last edited:
This is most likely a BIOS issue, try to upgrade it.
I think this is bugged similar as other ASUS X370/X470 series mainboards due to the IT8665E SIO. That chip is failing in many cases resulting in corruption of the SIO and hardware monitor. If such a situation occurs you might need to completely power off the system.

Well in that case I don't think there's any solution to this problem, it's a hardware bug in the SIO chip.
Avoid using other monitoring tools on that mainboard that would directly access the SIO chip/hardware monitor. HWiNFO should be fine as it uses the ASUS WMI interface, but some BIOS versions might not have this support properly implemented.

OK thx, your referring to the 219cel readout I take it? How about that fan not spinning anymore.

I'm having an issue here with my system turning red with my RGB's set to "temp". I built this system 2 years ago and it's running fine till yesterday. My VRM fan in the I/O shroud isn't working, the CPU water block LED is turning red.
I opened GPU-Z and it reports CPU temp at normal but HWinfo says 219 Celsius. I need some help before I melt my system. It also reports chassis fans 2 and 3 at over 900 RPMs. I only have 2 fans, the 6" in the top of the case and the VRM fan in the I/O shroud.
Here's my system:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thx,
-DaveView attachment 5533
As said this is just a wrong motherboard sensor reading.
You should be looking the "CPU (Tctl)" reading. That is the CPU temperature.

Back