HWiNFO64 Stalls and I have to Restart PC everytime (can't End Task)

yaezah

Not sure what the problem is, but It gets stuck on Examining System - Analyzing Devices. My PC keeps getting BSOD regulary (2-3 times per week) and I'm trying to find out what hardware is causing this problem. Both Speccy and HWiNFO64 get stuck trying to analyze date. I'm using Sensor option

Everytime I run it I can't kill it in task manager so I have to restart pc each time.

Thanks for the help!

I attached the debug file below

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    15.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
HWiNFO hangs while attempting to scan some strange device on your system - there's some serial port (?) device, perhaps a keyboard? And during an attempt to ask the system for its properties it hangs.
I assume a similar issue might happen in Windows Device Manager.

HWiNFO hangs while attempting to scan some strange device on your system - there's some serial port (?) device, perhaps a keyboard? And during an attempt to ask the system for its properties it hangs.
I assume a similar issue might happen in Windows Device Manager.
That's weird ...I do have a device under keyboards that says "Unknown Device" , when I try to uninstall it though the uninstallation hangs forever too.

But the only keyboard that is actually plugged in is just my G710 and Corsair mouse . So I'm wondering, does HWiNFO scan all hardware from the device manager that aren't plugged in as well? That way I can make it a point to try and get rid of that "unknown device" and hope it's the culprit. (I don't have anything plugged into the serial port though)

EDIT: My computer just did the weirdest thing. It froze and I had to hold power button for 10 seconds to restart it, then before bios screen it showed this screen and I noticed it says 3 KBS , 1 MICE , but I only have 1 keyboard plugged in .

Last edited:
HWiNFO scans all devices connected. I think you should resolve the problem with that device first. Try to detach USB devices, upgrade drivers especially Corsair if possible to get rid of that unknown device.

Back