HWINFO64 suddenly no CPU Temperature

I'm sorry, but I'll say it straight: implementing this feature is too much work for too little effect and there are much more important features in my queue now.

That sad that you will not do it... :s
Thanks any‑way for re‑sponding... ;)

One day, if you have time and not much work in your queue, con‑sider ad‑ding this... It's still use‑ful for players using both MSI After‑burner & HWINFO64 for monitoring their games... Keep this idea for the future, don't throw it in trash, please... :blush:

P.S : ad‑ding only "Show category in O.S.D" (or "Show override group name in O.S.D") in "Configure Sensors\OSD (RTSS)" even with‑out the auto‑a‑lignment feature (that need lot of work) would be use‑ful to proper set value in same line using same category in‑stead of Using "Show label in OSD" and "Custom\Label"... :idea:

P.S : I'm happy to say that I didn't had any‑more the C.P.U temperature pro‑blem that I de‑scribed on my first‑post in this thread, and this, since I re‑moved Asus PC Probe 2... My C.P.U is good and not faulty... :)

Good day...

If I see a higher demand for such a feature (more users) I will give it a higher priority and might discuss it with the author of MSI Afterburner to find better ways how to accomplish this.

That is kind from you... ;) :p , hope other HWINFO users will read this and vote for it...

But I think in this forum there is no "Like" & "E‑valutation" function for a post :idea:, like my thread in :

So you will never know how much users Like this idea...  :huh:
(Now in this forum, you can "Rate" a user but not a post)

Martin said:
and might discuss it with the author of MSI Afterburner to find better ways how to accomplish this.

As I know the AB dev has dropped support for C.P.U usage & temperature focusing only in G.P.U features...

Thanks, good day

Please read Unwinder's response again: he has not dropped support for CPU temperatures, he just said that he feels no obligation to implement support of certain older CPUs (which is difficult and sometimes unreliable) in the freeware tool.
The same applies here and almost anywhere else - I don't see any obligation to implement ANY user request if I consider it a feature which is less important, or (almost) unfeasible. I'm providing these tools as freeware (so as Unwinder does with MSI Afterburner) and it costs a lot of effort and direct/indirect expenses (web hosting, certificates, development tools, hardware, etc.) to make this possible. But I still provide this completely free and implement most user requests (which I consider useful or important) as time allows it, because my work queue is pretty long. There is a lot of paid software available and even there you won't get every user idea implemented (sometimes even less than here).
Thanks for understanding.

Martin said:
There is a lot of paid software available and even there you won't get every user idea implemented (sometimes even less than here).

HWINFO is still best com‑paring to those, he have very cool features and O.S.D for gamers which is very use‑full...
I don't know why you make it free, this should be dif‑ficult for you to earn money... Hope donations are high...

P.S : "GPU Model" :  An other cool feature to add in "Sensor Status\GPU [#0] ???? ????? ?????" is "GPU Driver version" & "GPU Model" (manufacture "Asus" brand "Nvidia" type "GTX" number "970") for ATI, Nvidia & Intel cards... This can be really use‑full in OSD when showing dif‑ferent bench‑marks screen/video‑capture with dif‑ferent driver to show the version & model to every‑one di‑rectly in screen...

The donations are not enough to even cover web hosting costs.
I don't think the graphics driver version belongs into sensors, so sorry to again say "no".

It's a real pity (donation, GPU driver version, GPU model) :s ...

I see that in your next re‑lease you ad‑ded "Distance to Tj,max" but why writing it "Tj,max" and not "TJMax" (of‑ficial ab‑breviation) or "TJ Max" or "T.J.Max" (why do you use "," be‑tween TJ & Max ? :

Do you cor‑rected :

• the priority in task manager when auto‑starting ???
  • the pro‑blem of ":" in‑stead of "," in O.S.D values ???

Yes, both those issues should be fixed in that build.
For the priority fix please make sure to: Disable Auto Start, hit OK. Enable Auto Start, OK, reboot.

And about theses pro‑positions :

• "de‑scription in‑formation" when you pass upon "Sensor Status" value, like in in "System Summary"when you pass upon (for ex‑ample) "stepping", "Platform" "Chipset"...
  • about Bullet Style & Numbered Style you need to add to your Forum Web Message Editor : In‑dent & out‑dent.
  • in "Central Processor's" you should add "CPU serial number"...
  • for this forum : "Like" & "E‑valutation" function for a post...
  • I know you don't like it but "GPU Model" & "GPU Driver Version" in "Sensor Status\GPU [#0] ???? ????? ?????"...

CPUs do not contain serial numbers. Only a few Pentium III models had this and a few high-end Xeon chips can have this if enabled.

Are you sure that C.P.U don't have Serial Number :

(Check LGA775, LGA2011 & LGA115X)

Ok so we can't get these in‑formations from C.P.U :

• sSpec # and Manufacturing Country
  • Finished Process Order (FPO)
  • Assembly Test Process Order (ATPO)
  • Partial Serial Number
It would be use‑full to have these datas di‑rectly in HWINFO like that when writing sup‑port no need to re‑move the C.P.U fan...

That information cannot be read from the CPU. HWiNFO only tries to report the SSPEC number, other information is not possible.

In "SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2015.SP1a" in Processors there is serial number, but it's writed : "To Be Fille***********" so I thinked that maybe there was a way to add "Partial Serial Number" in HWINFO...

I'm sorry to interrupt, but could you answer two simple questions:

1) the laws of physics somebody canceled?

The increase of the operating frequency ("acceleration") - of any semiconductor device for working on top frequency limited carrier mobility in the material on the one hand, and on the other, any digital circuit is created under certain minimal delays "input-output" within the logic elements and if the period of the signal is less than the total internal delay logic elements chain through which it passes the state of the circuit after the input pulse becomes predictable.

You judging by the previous pages circuits operating frequencies are too high, and it has a sufficient output to their condition became uncertain, and any errors in the programs. You can give me hundreds of thousands of "results" from the forums, but they are not reproducible, and often simply rigged the table type here - http://valid.x86.fr/search/search.p...020453835303020204020332e313647487a&sort=freq - enough to test the school arithmetic - the result №2 8363.7 MHz = 6x333.3MHz. :)

2) What would you personally knowledge?

sSpec # and Manufacturing Country
Finished Process Order (FPO)
Assembly Test Process Order (ATPO)
Partial Serial Number

actual data on which to plant, when and how the change of the crystal was released only a manufacturer, but because it guarantees availability of its products during a certain period, if the product fails within the warranty period (usually 1 year), and Input warranty inspection revealed no signs of overheating or damage case, you simply change it with a new or repaired - the money is incorporated in the price of a new product, but if the warranty ran out to buy a new offer.

And you request data is for the internal control of production technology and the fact that the advertising department brought them to the public no meaning in reality is not. That's technology on the vendor important because they allow us to find and eliminate the causes of manufacturing defects and for the consumer of the final product, they are as important as fish umbrella ...

Hi, Martin, in HWINFO we have voltage but can we have the amperage ? I have pro‑blem with the two new driver from Nvidia for my Asus GTX 970 DCMOC (the driver 350.12 & 352.86 ad‑ding sup‑port for DirectX 12, WDDM 2.0 & Windows 10) and some peoples say that I have bad P.S.U or a faulty card, but all my voltage are good and with pre‑vious driver 347.88 I didn't had any issue...

So how can I monitorate the amperage ?

That requires special sensors which are capable to monitor current consumption.
If HWiNFO doesn't show such sensors/values, then your system most likely doesn't feature such.

Yes, HWiNFO supports several such sensors. But they need to be present on the particular hardware.

Back