HWiNFO64 Two Sensor Pop-outs location not saving

p2im0

I have a licensed HWiNFO64 v722-7431 running on Win 11 v 22000.556 and I have two temperature sensor pop-out panels that refuse to save position after app restarts including log-outs and reboots. Every time I boot my PC I need to move these temp panels into their place on my 2nd display. This bug started happening after the last beta version and has not resolved after updating to the most recent production verson.

First image shows how the panels SHOULD look on my second display.
HWINFO.jpg

The Second screenshot is a capture across multiple screens showing the two temp panels (on-top of each other) that always end-up in this position after HWiNFO software restarts.
HWINFO_bug.jpg

Let me know what other information I can share - I have a video of this happening but it contains some PII that's hard to filter out.

Thank you!

EDIT: Original report didn't attach, updating with new report attached below

Attachments

• GAMEBOX.HTM
    296 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Try to disable the "Validate Window Positions" option in sensor settings if that will help.

Try to disable the "Validate Window Positions" option in sensor settings if that will help.
Thanks, I had actually already tried disabling that prior to filing the report, moving windows, restarting HWiNFO, reboot, as it was the only thing window position related I could find in the settings. Just tried again after seeing your reply and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Those two temp sensors just appear in the wrong place on my 2nd display and have to be moved.

To make it stranger, I can move *any* of the other sensor pop-outs to a different location and it saves across software launches. Those two sensors, however, don't follow the rules. (I doubt it matters but the sensors are: "CPU Due (average)" and "Core Clocks") on AMD Ryzen 5900x

Please try to set the positions desired, then close HWiNFO and start it again. Will those items show up at wrong positions too?

Please try to set the positions desired, then close HWiNFO and start it again. Will those items show up at wrong positions too?
Ok I can replicate the issue. It definitely has something to do with having a second screen. I'm able to show the behavior pretty well in my screen capture that I narrate over here. I thought I resolved it as the windows behave differently when the sensor summary is on my main monitor. As soon as I move items back to my second monitor the 2 sensor windows refuse to stay in the locations that they should.

Only other thing I can think of that's worth mentioning is my license recently expired and I just renewed with an updated key.

This might also be caused by another setting new in Windows 11 - "Remember window locations based on monitor connection". Try to disable that option too.

This might also be caused by another setting new in Windows 11 - "Remember window locations based on monitor connection". Try to disable that option too.
Thanks - I tried several scenarios and this also doesn't impact the two windows. Tried reboots logins, moving other sensor windows, changing primary/secondary displays, re-adjusting the locations of the displays as well as moving the sensor windows. Unless you have other suggestions I'm about to the point where I just wipe out the ini and start from scratch.

Sorry, I don't have any other ideas now. Yes, please do a complete "Reset Preferences" in HWiNFO (not just INI delete) and try from scratch.

Sorry, I don't have any other ideas now. Yes, please do a complete "Reset Preferences" in HWiNFO (not just INI delete) and try from scratch.
No worries - fixed after a reset. Wasn't as much of a hassle as I thought to re-set everything up. Thank you.

Back