HWiNFO64, v5.00 - Computer freezes completely after 6-10 seconds

them0narch

Dear community and developer

I'm a newcomer to HWiNFO and after reading a bit on the internet I decided that it looked like an attractive way to monitor and display CPU temp and usage during heavier workloads. Planning to get a water cooling device, and I'am testing the water so to speak..

Poor jokes aside, I ran into troubles right off the bat. Within the first 5-6 seconds after starting the software it freezes the computer completely. I cannot even use the old ctrl-alt-del trick, but have to restart the computer manually.

I tried to find some advice in earlier posts, but could not find anything that worked for me. I've tried "unchecking GPU I2c Support" and "SMBus Support", an also tried to exclude the 0x33 address. This was ideas recommended in this possibly outdated post (http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Solved-HWiNFO64-v3-93-1530-freeze-at-startup)

I have the dbg file attached and also a picture of what's displayed as the machine freeze and my systen specs.. I noticed that the guy in the earlier post (link above) also had a Radeon 6850 card. Don't know if that has something to do with it, just thought I'd point it out. I have a crossfire link between an ATI and a Sapphire version of this card.

My level of understanding is low, so regard me as somewhat of a n00b. I'd really appreciate some help here.

Kind regards Jonas

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    490.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screencapture.jpg
    Screencapture.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 3
  • System Specs.PNG
    System Specs.PNG
    29.4 KB · Views: 1
It seems the problem you see happens because of the AMD ULPS feature.
Even though HWiNFO uses certain methods to avoid this, it didn't work in your case.
I'll try to improve this and fix it in the next build of HWiNFO. If you need a fix immediately you might try to disable ULPS - there are several ways to accomplish this, e.g. using MSI Afterburner.

Back