HWiNFO64 won't run at all

starlord112

I'm trying to run HWiNFO64 on my system but this is what I keep getting:

I've attached the debug file.

I'm running Windows 1909, and I've removed all RGB lighting software and monitoring software.
I've tried all versions from 6.00 -> 6.22.
Really at a loss.

Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    4.4 KB · Views: 0
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.9 KB · Views: 4
That looks like something prevents HWiNFO from installing its kernel driver.
As first try to disable the "Persistent Driver" option in main settings - "Driver Management".
If that won't help make sure you allow HWiNFO to gain elevated (Administrator) rights when starting.
As the last check I'd suggest to follow what the message says - there might be some antimalware/antivirus applications preventing HWiNFO from gaining sufficient access.

That looks like something prevents HWiNFO from installing its kernel driver.
As first try to disable the "Persistent Driver" option in main settings - "Driver Management".
If that won't help make sure you allow HWiNFO to gain elevated (Administrator) rights when starting.
As the last check I'd suggest to follow what the message says - there might be some antimalware/antivirus applications preventing HWiNFO from gaining sufficient access.
Thanks for the reply Martin! I've followed what you said, noticed you had recommended this to other users.
I try to run as administrator also, that didn't help.
I don't have any additional anti-virus running, only the default Windows Defender. Any other thoughts?

I noticed that it said "installing AMD64 driver", yet I have an Intel system (9900KS).

That's OK, AMD64 driver means generally the 64-bit (x86-64) driver. Since AMD was first to introduce the 64-bit extension, this is still called amd64 in many places ;)
Is the situation same with "Persistent Driver" disabled?
Is there perhaps some virtualization active on the machine?
Please check in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\" whether you see a file called "HWiNFO64A.SYS". If yes, try to remove it.

Back