I rolled back to 6.42, thank you!

Thanks. I just came across this when I updated and found out shared memory was only limited to 12 hours. I'm currently using it with pitikapp to display gpu and cpu info and it requires this setting to be enabled.

And Aquasuite is fully free?
Technically yes, once you have the hardware you have access to the software and it will continue working.
It doesn't require a subscription of 20 €/ year to work. I will need to update HWInfo when new hardware arrives.

I paid 20 € for WinRAR, once. I would gladly pay 20 € for HWInfo, once.

And Aqua Computer hardware manages my computer, HWInfo doesn't.

I use the HWINFO plugin for my Stream Deck and it has to be reset every 12 hours. Very frustrating. Could you perhaps fix it?
From my understanding there is no error that needs a fix. This is intentional and one of the features that separates free version from Pro.

From my understanding there is no error that needs a fix. This is intentional and one of the features that separates free version from Pro.
Yeah, was just taking a stab in the dark, but I knew I was being very hopeful. Oh well, back to v6.42

I am a personal user and find that limitation (with the use of aquasuite and a computer running 24h/7) quite ... limiting.

However in the buy license page I don't find any mention of a 1 year license (as mentioned in this thread). Can you confirm it's not a 1-year subscription ?
If it is one, you may have created a loophole legally wise as people could pursue you for that non disclosure of time limitation.
If not, as a personal user, I would gladly pay the 30$CAD for all time.

And on the commercial topic, was SMH the only feature used by larger organizations ?
I'm not an overclocker guy so I guess some values reported by HWi would be of non interest for me, but not for bigger organizations ?
There should be other features/values that organization uses that we do not that you could limit instead :)

Attachments

• non 1-year disclosure.png
    non 1-year disclosure.png
    278.2 KB · Views: 9
thank you Martin. So as you can see this information is not brought again when choosing the plan on the next webpages.
O
As to clarify the situation (and for my understanding), is the following statement correct ?
"After the 12 months period, the SMH feature is back to a 12h limitation ?"

or because it is just a maintenance cost, the limitation is not back in place and we can enjoy SMH 24h/7 but no more updates ?

"After expiry of the maintenance period (1 year), versions issued before the expiry date will continue to work as licensed copies". That means all those versions will work as Pro with unlimited shared memory interface even after expiry of the period.
So for example if you purchase the license now, all versions from 7.00 to the version released a year later will work as Pro forever. Versions released a year later will require a renewed license.

"After expiry of the maintenance period (1 year), versions issued before the expiry date will continue to work as licensed copies". That means all those versions will work as Pro with unlimited shared memory interface even after expiry of the period.
So for example if you purchase the license now, all versions from 7.00 to the version released a year later will work as Pro forever. Versions released a year later will require a renewed license.

Sorry but I do find the limitation stupid for the free version, people that use your tool for rain meter for instance use shared memory support, limiting the amount of sensors seems more logical to me than forcing it to disable after 12 hours, then again if its using OS time ill just hex edit it.

The HWiNFO Monitor Gadget also will stop working after 12 hours now? That's frustrating. I guess I have to roll back to 6.42 :(
It's an older gadget that doesn't get any updates anymore I think. Used it forever and losing it sucks.

Last edited:
The HWiNFO Monitor Gadget also will stop working after 12 hours now? That's frustrating. I guess I have to roll back to 6.42 :(
It's an older gadget that doesn't get any updates anymore I think. Used it forever and losing it sucks.

Its not to hard to update depending on how may values are used by HWInfo, for example it took me 30min to update mine, but it can no longer capture max temp readings.

644971f061858b60913dc533cf74bb19.png

Thanks Martin, if I stay on a specific version forever, while changing my hardware. Will I need to renew my license?

Nothing will force you to renew the license. But if new hardware is released that wasn't supported by that version, you might think about the need to upgrade HWiNFO.

But you show it, and that's what's matters. If the customers wants it, you supply it, basic rule of trade.

Then can you please make a note of the fact that the software is free, BUT... I will buy it, most likely, but I'm evaluating it right now. I've used it for a year or so, but only to get the efficiency of the PSU. Now I've started changing all of the other values from Aida64 to HWInfo64 as well, but I need to be sure everything works before I buy. And the 7.0 update didn't actually help much.
What rule of trade are you referring to exactly when the software was FREE for YEARS? You literally contributed 0 the development of the software, so you have no leverage in the discussion about the price.
Made an account just to post about the exact same thing. My free integration is now broken every 12 hours, because HWinfo stops providing sensor data. I'll be downgrading to v6.43 I guess.
I made an account just to call out all you parasites complaining about paying for software that you lack the knowledge or skills to create, and complain when it isn't free anymore. You all need to take a Tryactin...TRYACTIN LIKE A MAN!

Like your user name!

I never even used shared memory access until I built a new rig with Aquacomputer hardware controlled by Aquasuite, based on data imported from HWINFO. I got the new rig running at about the same time that Martin decided to limit shared memory access to 12 hours in the free version of his program. It didn't take long (12 hours) for me to run into this limitation. I got around it by.... buying a license!! Something I really should have done years ago. HWINFO is very good at what it does, and keeping it up to date with the latest hardware is not a trivial undertaking. Also, the support on this forum is excellent. I have no problem paying for software that is reliable, actively supported, and constantly updated. So I thought about it and decided that HWINFO was something I wanted to support, not find a way to hack. So I bought a license and I am glad I did. If people don't want to buy a license, they are under no obligation to do so. Whining about it on this forum is really uncalled for. If you don't want to pay, don't pay and use something else.

Back