"IA: Max Turbo Limit" "RING: Max VR Voltage, ICCmax, PL4" "IA: Turbo Attenuation..."

Fantik

Hi,

I have been doing some overclock to my system (Asus Maximus XI Extreme + I9-9900K + G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz CL14 2x8gb) and I notice that: 

In STOCK pop up a flag on the "IA: Turbo Attenuation (MCT)" and "IA: Max Turbo Limit" in Idle without open anything just the HW64. 

In OC Manual pop up a flag on the "IA: Max [font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif][font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]Turbo Limit"[/font] and "RING: Max VR Voltage, ICCmax, PL4"[/font]

In OC Auto 5Ghz don't pop up flags, but when I enable the XMP 1 or 2 the flags pop up again in the "IA: Max [font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif][font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]Turbo Limit"[/font] and "RING: Max VR Voltage, ICCmax, PL4"[/font]

[font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]What is going on? [/font]

[font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]Thank's in advance,[/font]

[font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]Bruno Simões[/font]

Turbo Attenuation and max Turbo Limit are on if you run stock and don't stress test, it's basically the CPU respecting it's turbo bins and idle power saving states.
The Ring...PL4 limit is likely you having Power Limits set in BIOS and the CPU hitting those. Remove the PLs to stop power throttling (also increase heat output). CPU should then become limited by the turbo bins.
Enabling XMP might have also enabled MCE for you, I'd make sure that's not the case, as it's typically pretty badly done, unstable and overvolting Coffee Lake a lot.

Hello
This thread seems to no longer exist

I have a dell g7, and i also see the above parameters flagged in HWinfo64 when my system is idle. I think its linked to my cpu power throttling so I want to understand why, because when i start gaming the cpu power throttles from the very beginning to the end of the game, and i also experience intermittent dips from thousands MHz to hundreds. Also any remedy for this would be appreciated

Thanks.

Do you have sensor ToolTips enabled? That will tell you more details about meaning of those values if you hover the mouse over it.

Good news is i have been able to set up some configurations on throttlestop and MSi Afterburner to prevent power throttling, buh to be honest didnt know exactly what i was doing.

Back