Incorrect Core Effective Clocks?

Mr. Lazy

Ryzen 3 3200g with boost disabled so max clock is 3600Mhz, today "Core Effective Clocks" jumped to 3656mhz. I'm using version 7.15-4640.

bug.png

I temporarily reverted to version 7.14-4610, and after running some tests core effective clocks always maxes out at exactly 3600,0 Mhz there.

Here's the debug file for version 7.15-4640.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
If you expand the Effective clocks to see values for each core, does the erratic clock perhaps appear for Core0 only and others are correct?
Also what happens if you activate the "Snapshot CPU Polling" option in HWiNFO?

If you expand the Effective clocks to see values for each core, does the erratic clock perhaps appear for Core0 only and others are correct?
Seems like it's that way, core0 jumps to 3600.1 for a second, but the others remain in the 359x mark. I'm running Unigine Heaven, Cinebench and a game at the same time to test. Sadly i forgot the expand the effective clocks yesterday so i can't be sure.

EDIT: after some tests core1 and core2 also jumped to 3600.1 for a second.

Also what happens if you activate the "Snapshot CPU Polling" option in HWiNFO?
No major difference, just that values that before were 3598-3599 now round up to 3600

I will be keeping an eye of them and posting anything i see, I created an alert that logs the values to see if something goes higher than that.

Last edited:
After all this time i found what caused it: Hitman Blood Money.
You see, when i first posted this i had just played the demo for that game and that caused the original "spike", it never happen again. Until today, when i bought the full game on Steam and played the first level.

Back