Incorrect values from Corsair PSU & missing info of ECC DDR4

Hello,

I've encountered with the problem of reporting the incorrect values of +5V & +12V rails from Corsair HX1200i PSU. Randomly HWiNFO64 reports that the current value of such rails is about 3.3V (e.g. 3.281V). It seems to me that it reports the value of +3.3V instead mistakenly as such values of +5V & +12V rails are exact the same as the +3.3V rail values (please see attached screenshot - HWiNFO-Sensor_Warning.png).

I've tested all the latest HWiNFO64 versions (5.90-3550, 5.91-3560 and 5.92-3580) but the problem persists. I believe that the problem is not caused by PSU itself as other diagnostic applications (like System Information Viewer, AIDA64 Extreme and even Corsair "native" iCUE application) report correct values (please see attached screenshot - Apps-Comparison.png).

I've tried to run HWiNFO64 either simultaneously with other mentioned above applications or even exclusively but without success. As Corsair Link driver I'm using the latest version of CORSAIR iCUE v3.9.93. I've even tested the older CORSAIR LINK v. 4.9.7.35 - in this case it's seemed to me that the problem hasn't occured such frequently as in case of using iCUE but sometimes it has also occured, actually.

The other issue I've encountered with is the missing info of ECC DDR4 in the System Summary Window (please see attached screenshot - HWiNFO-Summary.png). In fact, there are four 16GB ECC registered DDR4 2666MHz memory modules there but HWiNFO64 shows no memory modules at all.

Btw: for both issues mentioned above I've attached the HWiNFO64 Debug Files.

Thank you very much for your help!

Attachments

• Apps-Comparison.png
    Apps-Comparison.png
    205 KB · Views: 13
  • HWiNFO64-Report.HTM
    352 KB · Views: 3
  • HWiNFO-Sensor_Warning.png
    HWiNFO-Sensor_Warning.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 9
  • HWiNFO-Summary.png
    HWiNFO-Summary.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 15
  • HWiNFO64DBG.zip
    208 KB · Views: 4
Are you perhaps using multiple tools to monitor the PSU? If yes, please try to run HWiNFO only to see if that problem will happen.

As for DDR4, it looks like the memory controller doesn't allow SPD access because it's constantly polling the DIMM temperatures.
Is there any other tool able to report detailed DDR4 module information (SPD)?
Try to disable CLTT in BIOS if possible and see if that will help here.

Martin said:
Are you perhaps using multiple tools to monitor the PSU? If yes, please try to run HWiNFO only to see if that problem will happen.

As for DDR4, it looks like the memory controller doesn't allow SPD access because it's constantly polling the DIMM temperatures.
Is there any other tool able to report detailed DDR4 module information (SPD)?
Try to disable CLTT in BIOS if possible and see if that will help here.

Hi, thank you for your instant reply!

as I've written before: "I've tried to run HWiNFO64 either simultaneously with other mentioned above applications or even exclusively but without success" - so yes, even I run HWiNFO only the problem still happens (I'm sorry for my english, it might be unclear before).

You're right, other tools are also not able to report detailed DDR4 module information (SPD), but I didn't know why. And yes, exactly, IPMI reports DIMM temperatures constantly. So I'll try to find and disable CLLT to test it.

Thanks

Jirka

Sorry, I missed that statement. I found an issue in HWiNFO, which might cause the mentioned invalid values, but only in case other software is polling the PSU as well. This includes also the Corsair software (CorsairLink or iCUE). But in case you really didn't use any other monitoring tool with HWiNFO, then I'm not sure what might be causing this. Also Corsair's own monitoring software fails to work nicely with other tools in lots of cases.
Please try this build if you see any improvement and let me know: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_593_3584.zip

Martin said:
Sorry, I missed that statement. I found an issue in HWiNFO, which might cause the mentioned invalid values, but only in case other software is polling the PSU as well. This includes also the Corsair software (CorsairLink or iCUE). But in case you really didn't use any other monitoring tool with HWiNFO, then I'm not sure what might be causing this. Also Corsair's own monitoring software fails to work nicely with other tools in lots of cases.
Please try this build if you see any improvement and let me know: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_593_3584.zip

Thank you very much for the latest Beta v.5.93-3584! It seems that the problem is fixed, actually. Now the Corsair PSU values are reported by HWiNFO64 correctly even the other monitoring tools (SIV64X & AIDA64 Extreme) are running at the same time!

CLTT: Unfortunately I have found nothing regarding the Memory Termal Throttling in the Setup (even there's the latest BIOS/UEFI version there). But no problem as I've learned now that's not a bug, but a feature.

Thanks again a lot and I'm pleased to support your great job with my small Paypal donation.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad that it's fixed. I will carry this change into official releases.
And thanks for the donation !

Hi Martin,

I'm very sorry to bother you again about the Corsair PSU values' reporting in HWiNFO64 but I've noticed that the "PSU Fan" speed table row is missing completely just after running the Sensors Window. Well, as the Corsair PSU has "Zero RPM Fan Mode" (i.e. at low to medium loads the fan doesn’t spin at all) the fan speed is zero, actually, but I think that it should indicated by "0 RPM". The "PSU Fan" row has appeared only if the fan has started spinning, actually. But if the fan has stopped subsequently, the "PSU Fan" row already remains visible with value of "0 RPM".

So I'd like to ask you if it's a bug or a feature, i.e. the Corsair Link driver couldn't be able to  report "PSU Fan" sensor value at all until the PSU really starts spinning.

Thank you.

This is expected behavior, because when a fan returns 0 RPM it's impossible to know if the fan is just temporary not spinning or not present at all.
But I think in this case we can assume that all Corsair PSUs feature a fan, so I will adjust this to always show the fan even when it's not spinning at the beginning.

Martin said:
This is expected behavior, because when a fan returns 0 RPM it's impossible to know if the fan is just temporary not spinning or not present at all.
But I think in this case we can assume that all Corsair PSUs feature a fan, so I will adjust this to always show the fan even when it's not spinning at the beginning.

Well, I understand, I've guessed this reason. I've just checked that all Corsair PSUs with monitoring feature have got fans, actually, so it could be great to always show the "PSU Fan" row even with 0 RPM.

Btw: I've noticed (in case of active Corsair Link Driver) that the other tools (like AIDA64 or SIV64X) also show "PSU Fan" at the beginning even the fan hasn't spinning yet.

Thank you very much.

Back