Is this thermal limit for my GPU that kept restarting my Acer Nitro 5?

poleresojr

Hi,

I'm having problems with my Acer Nitro 5 laptop and I already exhausted most possible solutions in the internet (updated drivers, disabled fast boot, tweaked the maximum cpu performance, cleaned the fans and repasted the cpu/gpu), the problem is my laptop kept on restarting during heavy gaming, no BSOD, no errors or whatsoever, just clean restarts, but checking the event viewer, i get event ID is 41 (63) which is common for power supply problems but I dont understand how laptop have problems with power supply since i game while plugged in.

Anyway, I tried running HWinfo64 and start the logging then played a game so I can monitor the behavior up to when it restarts. I attached the log for reference, need help with someone that can properly interpret what is happening in the system.

I interpreted it that since my gpu thermal limit is at 87 degC, and my gpu was already on that temp, it restarted the laptop?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• log.rar
    19.3 KB · Views: 2
Hitting the GPU thermal limit should not result in a restart, but clock throttling.

Hitting the GPU thermal limit should not result in a restart, but clock throttling.
Hi Thanks for the reply, can I determine what causes the restart in the data that was logged?, I can see It includes the power fed to the components, I dont know where to look at though.

Back