Kingston Fury Renagade not showing correct temp

CataF

Hello, I have just installed a new m2 ssd, a kingston fury renegade 2tb. While testing it to see if it was up to the claims I saw that there is a drive temperature and drive temperature 3 I think it is missing drive temp 2 .... at least the samsung 970 evo plus has it . While testing it I saw that those temps where not actually doing anything so I donwloaded kingstons app which tells another story. I did the reset preferrences as I found in another thread but nothing changed. Does anyone know why or how can I make it read the actual temp of the m2 ?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    628 KB · Views: 13
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File so I can check in detail why it's not shown. Also please note what Composite Temperature was reported by the Kingston App while you created the file.

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File so I can check in detail why it's not shown. Also please note what Composite Temperature was reported by the Kingston App while you created the file.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
I think "Drive Temperature 3" is equal to Composite Temperature but it doesn't change in HWiNFO because Disk SMART sensors are by default polled only every 100 cycles. Go into Sensor Settings and adjust the "Disk S.M.A.R.T. every" value.

I think "Drive Temperature 3" is equal to Composite Temperature but it doesn't change in HWiNFO because Disk SMART sensors are by default polled only every 100 cycles. Go into Sensor Settings and adjust the "Disk S.M.A.R.T. every" value.
changed it to 1 (don't know if it is ok ) but I found out that drive temperature 1 is the composite temperature and is showing as the kingstone app. THanks

Hello, not sure if I should start a new thread or not so I posted in here since I have the same drive (Kingston Fury Renegade 2TB) with a similar issue. For me Drive Temperature 3 always seems to show 83C (regardless of drive workload, no change even if I set Disk Smart to 1 cycle polling) and I'm not sure if that's accurate or not.
Also attached the temperature related SMART data from the Kingston SSD Manager if that helps.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 18_15_57_HWiNFO64_YekWHb0TP6.png
    18_15_57_HWiNFO64_YekWHb0TP6.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 18_16_10_KSM_Gen15_3mmSzuGhpA.png
    18_16_10_KSM_Gen15_3mmSzuGhpA.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 18_16_10_KSM_Gen15_zUSKcBuGAy.png
    18_16_10_KSM_Gen15_zUSKcBuGAy.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 6
Hello, not sure if I should start a new thread or not so I posted in here since I have the same drive (Kingston Fury Renegade 2TB) with a similar issue. For me Drive Temperature 3 always seems to show 83C (regardless of drive workload, no change even if I set Disk Smart to 1 cycle polling) and I'm not sure if that's accurate or not.
Also attached the temperature related SMART data from the Kingston SSD Manager if that helps.

That temperature is reported by the drive. The Kingston tool just doesn't show it in user-readable form (only in hex format as Temperature sensor 2).
If you're concerned about this, contact Kingston.

Contacted Kingston technical support, and according to them: "The Temperature Sensor 2 value refers to the maximum temperature that your SSD has ever reached." and there is no issue with the SSD.
Adding this reply in case anyone else has a Kingston Fury Renegade or KC3000 and is wondering why Drive Temperature 3 in HWinfo64 is static.

The Temperature Sensor 2 value refers to the maximum temperature that your SSD has ever reached.
I had the same question and my experience seems to back this up. This sensor was always 62 degrees for my new Kingston Renegade Fury, even coming out of sleep! Thanks for finding and reporting this information -- it was very helpful and answered this question for me as well.

Back