FEATURE Localization

I closed 4660 and ran 4662 - all temperatures had value "C" - then cleared preferences and back to faulty state;
1642359669378.png

Thanks. I was able to reproduce this issue when I change the Regional format to English (Denmark).

Last edited:
hmm wait - I see - °C correct now in hwinfo, but the PromDapter gives several failing values like below that corrupts telegraf polls;
# HELP hwi_core_max_âc Core Max °C - CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-12700K: DTS

If I customize the unit value I see this;
1642371115862.png

I can't seem to find where to edit the language files in the latest beta (also, the 'local' download link for the beta doesn't work - it just opens a new tab).

I can't seem to find where to edit the language files in the latest beta (also, the 'local' download link for the beta doesn't work - it just opens a new tab).
Language file(s) have not been published and cannot be edited yet.
Try to do a Save As for the Beta file or download from FossHub.

Language file(s) have not been published and cannot be edited yet.
Ah, that would explain it. Thank you for the clarification.

Try to do a Save As for the Beta file or download from FossHub.
I tried 'saving as' and it downloaded the downloads page. FossHub worked as expected. I'll try it again now.

Nope, same issue: the link shows what I assume is the correct zip file, but only "download.htm" is shown when 'save as' is selected, and a new tab with the downloads page is opened when clicking on it directly.
1642486213063.png

1642486258197.png

I'm willing to support with Brazilian Portuguese translation. Please let me know how to do it. Should I send my translations, suggestions and corrections through the forum, or somewhere else?

I'm willing to support with Brazilian Portuguese translation. Please let me know how to do it. Should I send my translations, suggestions and corrections through the forum, or somewhere else?

Thank you for your offer! As per the initial post - the language file wasn't published yet, but when that happens it will be available for everyone to access and update it.

Thank you for your offer! As per the initial post - the language file wasn't published yet, but when that happens it will be available for everyone to access and update it.
Hello Martin

Sorry about my noob question, but yesterday I spent quite some time improving the portuguese translation within GitHub. I uploaded it (apparently as a fork) but today I don't see my commit anywhere, neither on the main branch and on my fork. Did I do or am I doing anything wrong in here? How I do avoid creating forks and publish it only on the main branch?

I never used GitHub and had some hard time understanding how to do things in there before I started.

Thanks and hope I can contribute more to HWiNFO.

Hello Martin

Sorry about my noob question, but yesterday I spent quite some time improving the portuguese translation within GitHub. I uploaded it (apparently as a fork) but today I don't see my commit anywhere, neither on the main branch and on my fork. Did I do or am I doing anything wrong in here? How I do avoid creating forks and publish it only on the main branch?

I never used GitHub and had some hard time understanding how to do things in there before I started.

Thanks and hope I can contribute more to HWiNFO.

Thanks for your contribution!
I checked your fork but cannot see any commits by you there. Are you sure you have committed your changes? You need to fist commit the changes and push into your repo. Then make a Pull request to merge into the parent repo.

Back