Location and size of sensors and charts on screen lost after a restart

doofus

Every time I load hwinfo it tries to remember what charts I had open as well as location and size and gets it wrong and I then have to resize them one at a time.

4K screen, 200% scale.

If you could please make it so that it remembers where the windows are and their sizes it would be great.

Many thanks

I haven't seen such an issue yet, HWiNFO should remember those settings properly also for hi-resolution displays.
Please try to do a Reset Preferences and then see if that maybe fixed the problem.

Martin said:
I haven't seen such an issue yet, HWiNFO should remember those settings properly also for hi-resolution displays.
Please try to do a Reset Preferences and then see if that maybe fixed the problem.

OK, I cannot reproduce it now, I presume it stores the location and size of charts in the registry? 

Second problem: the PCH has disappeared and am not sure what I did to make it go or how I can get it back. I have tried enabling it "Enable PCH Thermal Device", I have tried "Reset Preferences" , I have deleted the .ini file - nothing seems to work. Maybe another hidden setting in the registry? I'll go have a look.

Yes, windows positions and sizes are stored in the registry.

For the PCH sensor problem please attach the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis.

"For the PCH sensor problem please attach the HWiNFO Debug File for analysis. "

Hi, the PCH has magically reappeared, I have no idea why. I think it is a display / GUI issue because it just disappeared from the list completely, as if it never existed. If there was a problem reading the sensor I presume it would display something like "unable to read" ?

If it wouldn't able to detect the entire sensor, it would not appear at all.
If reading the temperature would not work, then only an empty sensor heading would be shown.

Back