Oh okay I didn't realize that part was in answer to my question about adding it. If he adds this metric to H@Info64 then would your tool retroactively support it?OK, I did some more analysis (watched Gamers Nexus Video) and had a more detail look at the data:
In the video they said, best is to have Frametime and GPU Busy "close together" (no waiting). So I generated an addtional (calculated) log category:
- a lot of categories are N/A (not available, because of BETA?)
- in another video I saw, you can use HWiNFO to get sensor information for PresentMon (?)
- the most important categories are (Gamers Nexus Video)
- Frametime = log category "msBetweenPresents"
- GPU Busy = log category "msGPUActive"
- Frametime - GPU Busy
- the difference value of these two categories "should be something > 0"
- ... and we can generic a statistic of this difference
Here are the diagrams:
View attachment 9726
@NCSGeek: your average values are
I'm wondering why PresentMon doesn't have such a "difference value" ...
- Frametime: 6.959 ms
- GPU Busy: 2.693 ms
- Frametime - GPU Busy: 4.265
- this shows also the statistics: 90.6 % of your values are around 3.937 ms, 8.3% around 6.132 ms
- BUT: 0.21% of your frames have a negative value of -0.452 ms -> GPU Busy > Frametime (not good)
Question: Are you planning on updating GenericLogViewer with this?
As I already said: "if Intel sends me a Core i9-13900K + 500 bucks for a motherboard (or someone else will sponsor me), I will do it
I have been using HWiNFO and the GenericLogViewer for many years. However, the LogViewer has stopped working for me for a few years now, across several versions (both programs).
Attached is a CSV log and a PNG screenshot of the hwinfo sensor values over a period of five minutes, during which I played a game today.
The values in the GenericLogViewer mostly do not even remotely match the sensor values. I don't know whether this is due to hwinfo or the viewer and when it started to be displayed incorrectly (as I said, it's been like this for a few years).
Is the problem now known and fixed or would someone like to take care of it? I don't want to just install the latest hwinfo version because it always takes so much work to rearrange the sensor overview, and because the problem persisted with the last versions that I've tried again and again over the last few years .
The viewer will read any recorded field by HWINFO.Thank you. That helped. But the viewer is still confused with the RAM and V-RAM values.