Lost CPU Fan Speed Sensor Reading

blackie

Member
RE: Lost CPU Fan Spped Sensor Reading

Your right - I never looked there. On 4.20 it is at the end of the list (I have not checked the other versions - I am just running 4.20 at the moment).

OK - 4.24 works the same as 4.20

Evidently I have a "funny" board that does not report correct sensor values until I "poke" it (i. e. get it to run at a higher multiplier than 5X). After that it seems to do OK (in that I can see speed fan and HWINFO both winding down after stopping prime95 - HWINFO still hangs after a bit though).

Thanks - I think I can live with the fan speeds being reported as they are. I just have to remember to "poke" the CPU first (hmm - I will have to see if my underclock at 5X is actually working as well as I expected).

Good show - thanks for your help.
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
RE: Lost CPU Fan Spped Sensor Reading

No problem :) I glad it's resolved now, since it drove me crazy not to be able to find such issue :) I thought it was some serious flaw in HWiNFO...

As for the sensor order - when you see the CPU fan at the bottom of window, go into "Configure Sensors" / Layout and click "Restore Original Order". That will then position the CPU fan value where it should be and HWiNFO will remember this setting.

I think the problem with your board or fan config is that the fan sometimes runs at a speed which is out of the range which can be measured by the fan speed sensor.
 

1004ron

New Member
The fan speed disappeared from my sensor list after going with the latest beta update - I reverted back to an earlier version and now have fan speed in the sensor list.

HP Elitebook 8460p
 

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
1004ron said:
The fan speed disappeared from my sensor list after going with the latest beta update - I reverted back to an earlier version and now have fan speed in the sensor list.

HP Elitebook 8460p
What's the sensor name under which you see that fan speed and what's the last HWiNFO version that works ?
 

1004ron

New Member
Martin said:
1004ron said:
The fan speed disappeared from my sensor list after going with the latest beta update - I reverted back to an earlier version and now have fan speed in the sensor list.

HP Elitebook 8460p
What's the sensor name under which you see that fan speed and what's the last HWiNFO version that works ?
v5.06-2640 works

Sensor name is "Fan"

Edit: Tried v5.10-2700 and it's showing fan speed, so it's just the latest beta that's not working for me.
 

Attachments

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
1004ron said:
Martin said:
1004ron said:
The fan speed disappeared from my sensor list after going with the latest beta update - I reverted back to an earlier version and now have fan speed in the sensor list.

HP Elitebook 8460p
What's the sensor name under which you see that fan speed and what's the last HWiNFO version that works ?
v5.06-2640 works

Sensor name is "Fan"

Edit: Tried v5.10-2700 and it's showing fan speed, so it's just the latest beta that's not working for me.
OK, but what's the sensor heading name? Can you please attach the HWiNFO Debug File from the latest Beta?
 
Top