M2 boot drive not shown yet it's controller is !? (v6.14-3980)

Under drives I can only see (S)ATA/ATAPI Drives and my mechanical hard drive. No M2 drive or SMART info listed.

V6.14-3980

Below shows your software sees the M2 controller though ! (Corsair Force MP600 1Tb)

Phison Electronics PS5016 PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe 1.3 SSD Controller -------------

[General Information]
Device Name: Phison Electronics PS5016 PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe 1.3 SSD Controller
Original Device Name: Phison Electronics PS5016 PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe 1.3 SSD Controller
Device Class: NVMe Controller
Revision ID: 1
PCI Address (Bus:Device:Function) Number: 4:0:0
PCI Latency Timer: 0
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&SUBSYS_50161987&REV_01
[PCI Express]
Version: 4.0
Maximum Link Width: 4x
Current Link Width: 4x
Maximum Link Speed: 16.0 GT/s
Current Link Speed: 8.0 GT/s
Device/Port Type: PCI Express Endpoint
Slot Implemented: No
Emergency Power Reduction: Not Supported
Active State Power Management (ASPM) Support: L1
Active State Power Management (ASPM) Status: Disabled
L0s Exit Latency: >4 us
L1 Exit Latency: >64 us
Maximum Payload Size Supported: 256 bytes
Maximum Payload Size: 256 bytes
[System Resources]
Interrupt Line: N/A
Interrupt Pin: INTA#
Memory Base Address 0 FB200000
[Features]
Bus Mastering: Enabled
Running At 66 MHz: Not Capable
Fast Back-to-Back Transactions: Not Capable
[Driver Information]
Driver Manufacturer: Standard NVM Express Controller
Driver Description: Standard NVM Express Controller
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Version: 6.1.7601.18615
Driver Date: 21-Jun-2006
DeviceInstanceId PCI\VEN_1987&DEV_5016&SUBSYS_50161987&REV_01\4&5533925&0&0009
Location Paths PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0101)#PCI(0000)

This only detects the PCIe controller, not the storage device. Do other tools (i.e. CrystalDiskInfo) detect this drive?
To check this in detail, I'll need to analyze the HWiNFO Debug File.

Exactly, it detects the onboard controller yet gets no further.

CrystalDiskInfo and other similar tools sometimes detect it as a drive but none offer a view of temp sensors or SMART info. The latest Corsair tool is useless too and they are not replying to my forum post. I have had no luck obtaining a Phison ssd toolbox.

How do I get the debug file to you and in what format Martin ?

Thanks, but that's not the Debug File.
Nevertheless, I noticed that you're running Microsoft Windows 7 and that's the reason. Unfortunately this system doesn't have dedicated support (drivers with NVMe pass-thru) for directly querying NVMe drives.
Windows 10 has it, so there's no issue. For Windows 7 some users could work-around this by replacing the storage driver with a dedicated one (Samsung drivers seemed to work for some drives), which then allowed such support. But I'm really not sure if such a driver replacement would work for you...

Yes my old Samsung had a driver and displayed the info yet Corsair don't have one.

Surely if the controller can be seen it's a simple job to extract temperature and SMART info !

I know that some used the Samsung driver also for drives from other brands with success. Not sure if that would work for you tho...

HWiNFO cannot talk directly to the drive/controller, that might result in data corruption when the system accesses it too.
The only way is to go thru the driver, which however doesn't support it on Windows 7.

I very much doubt a simple command to dump the SMART data would risk data corruption. I need a way of accessing the info, an updated tool by Phison or C++ program, VB script etc. Someone must have successfully interrogated these new controllers...

It could if it would collide with another on-the-fly command issued to the controller by the system/driver.
Another idea might be to try to use the storage driver from Windows 10, but really not sure if that would work...

Back