Monitor Server limit

Hey all,

First I must say that HWinfo is a great piece software.

Im using HWinfo to remotely monitor the performance of some machines used to render realtime video.
The system is Wachout from Dataton. 

Depending on the situation the the bottleneck can be the SSD read speed, CPU usage or RAM load.
HWinfo allows me to see and adjust the load I put on each remote machine.

But... HWinfo crashes when I try to connect to more than 2 servers. It crashes when I add the 3rd IP.

Is there a fix for this, or Im missing something ?

Thanks 

Alex Ramos

There should be no problem connecting more than 2 machines, I have tested it with more and haven't seen any problems.
Can you please provide more details about the network configuration ? Does the crash happen immediately after you add the 3rd machine ?
Also attaching the HWiNFO Debug File of the crash might be helpful.

Thanks for the fast reply.

After some more testing I found that it must some kind of Sensor Status window limitation ?
If I disable the monitoring of some sensors than I can add more servers.

The crash happens a moment after pressing Connect, seems like its after the Sensor Status window loads the new server.
The network is simple around 10 machines on a 1Gb switch.

Well, that's possible, I'll check that.
Do you use multiple sensor tables (using the Expand... button at bottom left of the sensors window) ? That should allow more sensor items.

At the moment I have 3 server, the expand only does 2 columns, the second column I need to scroll down to see the last server.

EDIT: My bad dint realize I could keep expanding the window and create new columns to show all info.

So I using graph for GPU Utilization, Memory Used, Total CPU usage and Read Rate for each server on the desktop, than I gi for the window when I need more info.

And again thanks for creating / supporting this software it really makes my life easier.

I have tried to simulate your situation, but couldn't reproduce the crash. It just works..
Can you please capture the crash while running HWiNFO in Debug Mode and then attach the DBG file produced?

Martin said:
I have tried to simulate your situation, but couldn't reproduce the crash. It just works..
Can you please capture the crash while running HWiNFO in Debug Mode and then attach the DBG file produced?

Here it is.

[attachment=2141]

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
I'm sorry, but the attached Debug File is either broken (incomplete) or capturing a different situation.
Are you sure it was created during the HWiNFO crash after adding another remote machine ?

Lets try this.

Deleted the .dbg from the hwinfo64 folder and lunched with only Debug Mode ON, Debug Write Direct is OFF

Crash on adding 3rd server
[attachment=2142]

Deleted the .dbg from the hwinfo64 folder and lunched with Debug Mode ON, Debug Write Direct is ON.

Crash while examining system
[attachment=2143]

Attachments

• HWiNFO64 adding 3rd server.DBG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • HWiNFO64 Debug + debug direct.DBG
    9.9 KB · Views: 1
Thanks. Please try to raise the Polling Frequency (Global) via sensor settings if that might help.

Back