My desktop pc Black Screen for seconds when gaming at 144Hz

NewExalm

Hello everyone,

I'm a bit lost, so few days ago i switched monitor for a 60Hz and when plugging back my 144Hz monitor, i noticed that there was a short black screen for 2 sec. I tought that it was changing input and so displaying a black screen. Thats when I launched my game and after just a minute a black screen for 2-3 seconds again. Weird, I keep playing and again after 2 min black screen for 10 seconds this time.

I figured, I had a problem so switched to resolution mode, tried everything I could find on the internet:

- resetting drivers with ddu and installing a new one
- resetting drivers, ddu, installing old clean driver that didnt have the problem.
- switching pc to see if its the screen
- swithcing screen to see if its the pc
- unmounting gpu and remounting it
- limiting hz (stopped the problem at 60, everything above has random black screen)
- registry edit so i added tdrdelay at 10ms
- reinstalling windows.(still occur)

On discord someone asked me to do a stress test with hwinfo, prime 95 and furmark. Just did but nobody can look at it for now so if anyone has any idea or might wanna look at the problem here is the csv file . Thank you and hope it never happens to you, the frustration of being in the middle of a fight and having a black screen is unmatched lol...

Ps: it started out of the blue without any updates or drivers update to my knowledge

I have same problem very random 2-3s black screen and then goes back. Its not searching for signal, its just like you would display black uniform full screen image. Monitor is Dell G3223Q 4K 144Hz via HDMI. Occured with two different HDMI cables. Now switched to DP cable.
What is situation on your side.

Tried basically everything regarding this, also using the Dell G3223Q. Using it via DP cable. Issue always occurs unless I set color to YCbCr422 in nvidia control panel, at which point when the monitor would normally blank out it will instead have the top half of it flicker green.

Incredibly annoying, went to Dell for support. They sent me incoherent emails with atrocious English, and ultimately refused to support at all by claiming the self diagnostic mode not exhibiting it means the monitor is working perfectly and that it must be a software issue - regardless of the fact the diagnostic doesn't even do anything other than display flat colors and plain text, doesn't engage VRR or anything of the sort.

Having googled around for it frequently since getting the monitor many months ago, I've seen a number of other users of this (and other Dell monitors) reporting the same issue, with no resolutions at all. It seems to be a common flaw, but not one which Dell will ever acknowledge or do anything about, so I'm just steering clear of any of their monitors unless I see one that's been out for a long time with zero reports findable online of this issue.

Tried basically everything regarding this, also using the Dell G3223Q. Using it via DP cable. Issue always occurs unless I set color to YCbCr422 in nvidia control panel, at which point when the monitor would normally blank out it will instead have the top half of it flicker green.

Incredibly annoying, went to Dell for support. They sent me incoherent emails with atrocious English, and ultimately refused to support at all by claiming the self diagnostic mode not exhibiting it means the monitor is working perfectly and that it must be a software issue - regardless of the fact the diagnostic doesn't even do anything other than display flat colors and plain text, doesn't engage VRR or anything of the sort.

Having googled around for it frequently since getting the monitor many months ago, I've seen a number of other users of this (and other Dell monitors) reporting the same issue, with no resolutions at all. It seems to be a common flaw, but not one which Dell will ever acknowledge or do anything about, so I'm just steering clear of any of their monitors unless I see one that's been out for a long time with zero reports findable online of this issue.
Hi.

I'm using 4 monitors, 1+2+3 as surround + 4th top.
In my case blanking was when monitors were configured as surround. When configured as separate screens, no issue.

Later on I discovered it was happening when 4th monitor was connected to motherboard (I wanted to keep one output from RTX free for VR).

When all 4 monitors connected to RTX, no blanking.

I'm not sure now if I was at 144Hz when blanking problem was solved, as I was doing a LOT of things to fix it. So maybe I left 120Hz to reduce a bit bandwidth.

It's sad what you wrote about Dell support, no surprise, we entered era when no true support is delivered from vendors. Bla bla bla support.

It would need really deep investigation from several vendors - Dell, nVidia, Gigabyte, m$, Intel to rectify this nasty problem. I'm not convinced on which side problem is created, too many things involved.

If you are not using typical features, even though other are present (like surround), you are in trouble.

Cheers.

Back