My PC turned loud after HWinfo

stielar

I downloaded hwinfo a couple of days ago. While I was running the application my PC became much louder than before. Since it's been a couple of days I can't remember if it happened right after I started the application or if it happened as soon as I clicked on sensors. I built my PC recently and I paid a hefty amount of money buying silent Noctua fans and CPU coolers and also a silent Fractal Design case, so I hope you can understand my frustration.

My CPU also became hotter (before hwinfo it was 25-30 degrees...after hwinfo it became 35-40).

Since then I've tried everything with different bios settings, tried default settings as well, I tried different fan control applications... I managed to bring down the CPU temp to 30 but the PC just doesn't go to the default silent state that it was in before hwinfo.

My PC build:

Processor: AMD FX8350
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (Bios F2)
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 7850 2GB
Memory: Gskill TridentX 1866
CPU Cooler: Noctua NHU12S
PC Fans: Noctua NF-F12 PWM Fans

I'd appreciate any help. I bought the PC 10 days ago and I'm really frustrated that it's not silent anymore.

I don't think that the higher CPU temperatures (and thus louder fans) could be caused by HWiNFO. When you don't have HWiNFO running and it's still louder, then it must be caused by something else.
I rather believe that you maybe installed some additional applications which are always running in background and thus consuming some resources. You might check this via Task Manager (either the standard Windows one, or an advanced from Sysinternals/MS). Check what tasks are running and how much CPU they consume.
Another reason might be that your ambient temperatures are recently higher and thus the CPU is hotter as well.
But anyway, I think that 35-40 C for CPU is still quite OK. Also don't rely on internal CPU temperatures reported for that AMD CPU, since these are flawed in lower range: http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-CPU-Core-Temperature-Measuring-Facts-Fictions

Back