Need help

att1cus

I'm running HWInfo64 4.60-2460. I have Rainmeter freshly installed from their site and the rainmeter skin for HWInfo, plus a few others from here on the forums. My rainmeter HWInfo skins do not report readings from the sensors. I do have Shared Memory support ON in HWInfo. Also, FRAPS is installed and running on my system before HWInfo runs, however HWInfo doesnt display anything for the FRAPS value in the sensor panel. Any help would be awesome.

Please check the other threads about Rainmeter issues here if you can find any clues.
Regarding FRAPS, you might not see any FPS values until you run some graphics application that will show values in FRAPS. Have you done so ?

Martin said:
Please check the other threads about Rainmeter issues here if you can find any clues.
Regarding FRAPS, you might not see any FPS values until you run some graphics application that will show values in FRAPS. Have you done so ?

I'm not finding any other threads that are having the same issue that I am.  Could you please link me to some of them?

Agreed, to start we need to see if HWiNFOSharedMemoryViewer is returning values.  Please check it.  If it is not, please post a screen snapshot of the viewer next to the HWiNFO sensors window.  Thanks.

stangowner said:
Agreed, to start we need to see if HWiNFOSharedMemoryViewer is returning values.  Please check it.  If it is not, please post a screen snapshot of the viewer next to the HWiNFO sensors window.  Thanks.

I do see values in the shared memory viewer tool.  The values, however, do not get come through in the Rainmeter HWInfo skin.  Please see the screenshoit showing the CPU package values in the HWInfo sensors panel and shared memory viewer tool, but not in the Rainmeter skin.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 8
OK, great, we have values in the viewer.

Have you updated the values in the "Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\HWiNFO\@Resources\HWiNFO.inc" file as mentioned in the setup instructions?  If not, please do so.

If you have already, can you close Rainmeter, leave HWiNFO running with sensor active, and then open Rainmeter.  Please right click the Rainmeter system tray icon and select About.  Are there any errors logged for HWiNFO?  And on the plugins tab, the HWiNFO.dll lists version 2.0.0.0?

OK, that's an issue.

Close Rainmeter and delete HWiNFO.dll from these folders if it exists:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins
C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins

You should probably delete the skin too as it is likely old as well:
E:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\HWiNFO

Then download the 2.0 skin and double click to install.
http://www.hwinfo.com/files/RainmeterPlugin/HWiNFO_2.0.0.rmskin

Then you will have to update the "E:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\HWiNFO\@Resources\HWiNFO.inc" file again.  If editing with Rainmeter open, refresh the skin after saving the HWiNFO.inc file for the changes to take effect.

Then you should be in business.  Let me know how you make out.

After upgrading to the HWInfo 2.0.0.0 DLL in rainmeter, my skins are working correctly. Thank you for pointing this out.

Back