New fan monitor Clevo P870DM + P870KM change place in sensor panel order after reboot

papusan

Hello Martin. First I will thank you for this amazing tool. 

I use the Portable version of Hwinfo64. Have always used portable versions of all software if they are available in this format.

I have tested out the added monitoring of fan speeds on Clevo P870DM and P870KM series. You added in this feature in HWiNFO v6.01-3630 Beta.

The added fan monitoring for my Clevo P870DM works very good. But I have now installed latest Beta version  HWiNFO v6.01-3660 from your download link. Something have changed from your first Beta version with this *new fan monitoring feature*. I have always put up Hwinfo sensor panel in an order I prefer. Aka I added in the fan monitoring where I wanted it to be in sensor panel.

The problem... When I restart/clean boot and open up Hwinfo sensor panel, the fan monitoring sensors will be showed in the bottom of Hwinfo sensor panel... And not where I put it. I then start reorder and put the fan monitoring where I want it in sensor panel and can see it stay there when I force fans on max. If I reboot with max fans the fans monitoring stay exactly where I put it.

The problem with change of fan monitoring placement in sensor panel row will only happen if I boot up my machine without max fans on (on Clevo I can start fans with Fn+1 while laptop boot up). And will stay like this forever. This never happened with the first Beta HWiNFO v6.01-3630 Beta

I hope you understand what I meant (fan monitoring in latest beta version will be put in bottom of sensor panel when I start without maxed fans). Could you look on this? because something is changed from first working beta.

The way I put fan monitoring in first working beta. This versjon works as intended.
[attachment=3239]

Best regards
papusan

Attachments

• HWWWWW.PNG
    HWWWWW.PNG
    82.7 KB · Views: 6
Martin said:
I think I know what this problem is and it has indeed been introduced in the latest Beta build.
It's similar to this one: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-bug-HwInfo-doesnt-store-OSD-settings-anymore-properly
and thus shall be fixed in the next build/version.

Thank you sir. I have now downloaded and installed Hwinfo version 6.02 and the fans stay where I want it in the sensor panel. Thanks.

I'm sorry I forgot to tell you about a second bug (I was very hanged up in the fan placement bugs and forgot it). I can put it here now. No need to put up a new Bug post for this. This is up to you.

One of the sensors can't be disabled. You can see what sensor I talk about in the picture. I mean it worked as it should in the Beta version HWiNFO v6.01-3630 Beta whitch haven't the fan placement bug. The sensor flaw (bug) popped up in later beta against with the fans placement bug and have now follow after/over in new released Hwinfo v6.02

[attachment=3245]

Thank you very much Martin for the fix, your amazing work and software. 

Best regards
Papusan

Attachments

• HWINFO BUG 2.PNG
    HWINFO BUG 2.PNG
    186.5 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the feedback.
Can you please try to reset settings in HWiNFO and then check if this problem with disabling sensor persists?

Martin said:
Thanks for the feedback.
Can you please try to reset settings in HWiNFO and then check if this problem with disabling sensor persists?

Hello Martin. I reset settings in HWiNFO for testing. And yeah the sensor could now be disabled. I then added in my personal settings afterwards and yees.... It could still be disabled. Aka work now as intended :) Probably something was stuck.

May I ask a question when we now close the case. How correct is the  VR VCC Temperature (SVID) temp reading? It may depend on the quality of the components used on the motherboard. I see this sensor more as a good pointing stick how the temp is.. 

Thanks for the help.

[attachment=3246]

Best regards
Papusan

Attachments

• HWINFO BUG 3.PNG
    HWINFO BUG 3.PNG
    315.8 KB · Views: 3
Accuracy of the VR VCC Temperature (SVID) value depends only on quality of the internal temperature sensor in the VRM.
So I think it should be quite accurate.

Martin said:
Accuracy of the VR VCC Temperature (SVID) value depends only on quality of the internal temperature sensor in the VRM.
So I think it should be quite accurate.

Thank you. And I have now send you an gift right now. Hope you find it in your account :)

Thanks again.

Best regards
Papusan

Back