No RPM on RX7900XTX fan speed?

Fan stopped perhaps?
Negative. But instead of a RPM, the only reading HWiNFO gives me is a %....
There IS no RPM reading at all. Even with Zero RPM turned OFF, I still only get a percentage reading...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-20 181831.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-20 181831.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 5
I set override for the GPU fan before starting HWiNFO with debug mode active, as it won't detect anything at all when fans are at zero (which is also a problem when using it with Rainmeter, as it gets wrong info when fans have been spinning and then stops).
Debug zipped and attached.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Thanks, I can add a workaround for this. But I'm wondering whether GPU drivers are properly installed as some services/APIs don't seem to be working here...

Thanks, I can add a workaround for this. But I'm wondering whether GPU drivers are properly installed as some services/APIs don't seem to be working here...
The drivers are installed using the official Adrenalin installer from AMD.com.
I am currently just using v23.12.1 as newer versions have caused issues. Didn't try the latest though.
I'll try and install the latest downloaded directly from AMD, instead of just updating through the Adrenalin software, to see if that changes something.

UPDATE!: After installing latest driver the RPM reading is back. :)
Sorry for the inconvenience :oops:

Last edited:
No problem. I will add a workaround for this anyway so that RPM will be read even in such case.

Back