PC freezes when I have HWiNFO open

caiokn

Hello there

I'm experiencing sudden freezes whenever I have HWiNFO running in sensors-only mode. The software seems to work fine for about 10 minutes, but then the PC freezes without warning, even when I'm not doing anything stressful (like gaming or video encoding). No BSOD or anything else happening, things just stop working.

The debug file is attached.

Can you help me?

Sorry, I cannot see the Debug File attached. If you have problems attaching the file, just compress it before (ZIP, RAR, 7z, ...)

Martin said:
Sorry, I cannot see the Debug File attached. If you have problems attaching the file, just compress it before (ZIP, RAR, 7z, ...)

Hi Martin

I compressed the file in .rar format, hope it works this time

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.rar
    121.1 KB · Views: 2
There seems to be some issue with storage drivers, which might be causing the problem.
First try to disable "ATA Statistics Support" in main settings/safety. If that won't help, try to disable entire Drive Scan.

Martin said:
There seems to be some issue with storage drivers, which might be causing the problem.
First try to disable "ATA Statistics Support" in main settings/safety. If that won't help, try to disable entire Drive Scan.

Thanks a lot! HwINFO is running for about 1 hour now and after disabling ATA Statistics Support the freezing issue seems to be gone.

Back