Performance Limit and Thermal throttling

praisetheearth

Hi, i have just downloaded HWinfo, and i have 2 questions about the program. First: what is performance limit, and in special performance limit utilization in the gpu. Its marked yes, so i dont know if something good or bad. 
Second: Thermal throttling is not show in the sensor status. What can i do?
Thanks a  lot !

"Performance Limit Reasons" determines the reasons why the CPU performance was reduced. The CPU contains several components that share a global power limit (TDP), and if some of those components requires more power than allowed, performance needs to be reduced to maintain this limit. It's nothing wrong and happens normally, knowing these reasons can help to improve performance.
Thermal Throttling status is shown for Intel CPUs only. What CPU do you have ?

Martin, can you tell, please, what exactly mean: performance limit:utilization. Or tell me where i can read about it, please.

Alexler said:
Martin, can you tell, please, what exactly mean: performance limit:utilization. Or tell me where i can read about it, please.

This means there's not enough load to force the CPU/GPU to run at a higher performance level - it's idle.

Well, I can't understand this either. It would be best to check with NVIDIA or on their forums.

Back