pressing enter with mouse on top of hwinfo window will minimize it

skyisthelimit

I do not know if this is by design or is there a way to fix it. I have hwinfo open up at another monitor and while gaming, some time my mouse accidentally hover toward that monitor. when i press "enter" as an action in that game, the hwinfo window will minimize by itself. and i have to reopen it again. it is very annoying that why pressing enter minimize the window? and there is no way to disable that?

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
This is a common user-interface feature. The default button is the Close button that does minimize the window or close the application depending on how it's configured. You can switch to a different default button by pressing the Tab key.

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
I assume you have the sensors window open. Pressing the Tab key there will change the default button.

skyisthelimit

still nothing. I tried pressing tab on all the window. still nothing popup. Basically my monitoring display look like the screen shot in attached.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    356.7 KB · Views: 4

Martin

HWiNFO Author
Staff member
Noting will popup, but pressing the Tab key changes the default button to a different one, so when you accidentally hit Enter while HWiNFO window is active, it won't close it.