Problem with Asus H97-Pro Gamer

RiP

I have noticed that the CPU temperature is fine in HWinfo v5.38 is fine but v5.40-5.52
Any hope to fix it?  :s

The latest HWiNFO version should be showing correct temperatures according to ASUS AI Suite and the BIOS.
The now displayed "CPU" temperature could be the external/socket temperature.
The internal CPU temperature should be the "CPU (PECI Calibration)" value, which is the same as reported by earlier versions.

Thanks for reply but BIOS shows the old real internal CPU temperature.
Ai Suite is incorrect. I have reported it to Asus but they don't want to fix it.
Reporting the socket temperature as internal CPU temperature is totally incorrect  :dodgy:

You can't directly compare temperatures in BIOS with those in Windows, because the conditions are very different.
Also, I need to rely on manufacturer's information and their tools, since only they know the exact sensor mapping on a particular mainboard.
Anyway, HWiNFO shows you also the other temperatures and if you believe a different one is the correct value, then just rely on it ;)

Martin said:
You can't directly compare temperatures in BIOS with those in Windows, because the conditions are very different.
Also, I need to rely on manufacturer's information and their tools, since only they know the exact sensor mapping on a particular mainboard.
Anyway, HWiNFO shows you also the other temperatures and if you believe a different one is the correct value, then just rely on it ;)

I can because the temperature was 40C in BIOS but 38C in windows while under 100% load.
Asus told me to use HWiNFO for correct report, they don't even trust in their software  :cool:

Yes :D
btw the BIOS isn't affected and Asus Fan Xpert uses the real CPU temperature as source too.
Hope you can fix it because the socket temperature is quite useless and makes many people confused.
You can see it in the screenshots, very minimal change between idle and load while CPU is under fire.

Is the "CPU (PECI Calibration)" similar to CPU Core or Package temperatures ?

Martin said:
Is the "CPU (PECI Calibration)" similar to CPU Core or Package temperatures ?

No, it's colder and more stable than those two. It's only similar to the CPU temperature in the old v5.38

"CPU (PECI Calibration)" is just a different name for the previously reported "CPU" temperature.
What is the difference to core temperatures, is there a constant correlation between them?

But why different name while it's ok in the BIOS? BIOS doesn't use the socket temperature as CPU temperature.
Yes, they'll all increase under load but each one is different.

I will rename this in the next build.
I wish mainboard manufacturers would care more about reporting correct temperatures and differentiate between internal and socket values.

Martin said:
I will rename this in the next build.
I wish mainboard manufacturers would care more about reporting correct temperatures and differentiate between internal and socket values.

Thank you very much  :cool:
I wish if they could listen to us x)

Back