Problem with hwinfo analyzing pci device

ToDDy720

Hi there I have a issue when opening hwinfo and other progams such as 3d mark when scanning computer hardware where it will freeze the pc altogether. It doesn't do it all the time, but I just wanted to know if its a simple fix. this also does it on stock and was hoping you could help. it seems to always get stuck on analyzing pci device.

cpu : 5950x
gpu : rtx 3080

Thank you.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    259.6 KB · Views: 2
According to the dump you posted this might be due to a certain hardware-related issue on some GIGABYTE mainboards combining two LPC chips.
This happens only under certain specific conditions that normally don't happen and since it's a hardware issue it cannot be reliably solved by software.
It's possible to work-around this problem by opening the HWiNFO64.INI file and inserting the following line:
LPC2=0

This should mitigate the issue but HWiNFO won't show sensor data from the second SIO/LPC.

According to the dump you posted this might be due to a certain hardware-related issue on some GIGABYTE mainboards combining two LPC chips.
This happens only under certain specific conditions that normally don't happen and since it's a hardware issue it cannot be reliably solved by software.
It's possible to work-around this problem by opening the HWiNFO64.INI file and inserting the following line:
LPC2=0

This should mitigate the issue but HWiNFO won't show sensor data from the second SIO/LPC.
thats not by any chance related to the dual bios that gigabyte uses is it. as my motherboard was set to dual bios mode or is something completly different.
Thanks again for the help.

No, this is rather an issue of Dual ITE LPCs, where the second one can have some issues sharing the same bus.

Back