Random crashing under load, new system

SeaLabEZF

Hello everyone, I am new to the forums. I just finished building my new water cooled system, everything is fine when I do simple thing such as web browsing, however gaming crashes my system.

Symptoms: Black Screen Reboot
BSOD Stop Code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Specs:
MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wifi)
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3080 OC
Mem: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL16
PSU: Corsair RM850x [850w Gold]
Storage:
Main: Corsair MP600 on the PCIe 4.0 Slot 1TB
Supplemental: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

Some tests I have done to try to determine the issue:
CPU: Prime95 Small FFT for 1 hour
GPU: GPUPI 5+ runs of 32B HWBOT GPU Batch 100M, Reduction Size 1024
Mem: MemTest86 All four passes over night no errors found.
PSU: I have swapped the PSU with my old 1000w PSU and crash still occurs.

I have attached my last HWinfo log when I was just sitting in the Firing Range in APEX, crash happened within 3 minutes.

New updates, I have decided to error on the side of caution, I have shut down the system so it stops crashing and cannot do damage to any components since just watching Twitch and web browsing seems to cause black screens reboots and BSODs here is the last crash HWinfo. No overvolting, no heat spikes, and as stated above MemTest86 has cleared the Ram from being the cause. If anyone has an idea of what is happening please let me know. I'll be draining the waterloop and putting the CPU on air, I have a 1060 I will be replacing the GPU with and I'm going to see if it will continue to crash, it will at least give me the relief of knowing my GPU isn't DOA. I have began the process with AMD to RMA the CPU in the event that crashes continue, if they do continue I will also start an RMA with ASUS to get the board replaced as well, at that point if I'm still getting errors I'll RMA the RAM, the only other thing it could be at that point would be the NVMe Drive but Crystal Disk Info showed that the drive was good 100% health. And a check disk confirmed this.

Attachments

• crash_light_load.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi SeaLabEZF,

I had a quick look at your logs and there is one category which can be a problem:

GPU.png
Is this the "power of GPU" (cable voltage) ?

If yes, it's too low: an ATX 12V power must be between 11.4 V and 12.6 V (ATX spec: 12 V +/- 5%)
Please check your GPU power cables.

Do you use a single cable with multile 8-pin-plugs?
If yes, not good, use multiple cables with with single 8-pin-plugs.

Please check the this post, looks like a similar problem.

Regards
Tom

Back