realtek onboard sound n cpu 0 graph

wawans1975

Hi Martin
I see there's no onboard realtek sound in Main Windows hardware list, and there's difference readings of CPU 0 between sensor status and it graph (different value : v440-2240: 37 c, on v441 -2265: -999.0 c), i hope you could check it.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 7
  • graph.jpg
    graph.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 7
wawans1975 said:
Hi Martin
I see there's no onboard realtek sound in Main Windows hardware list, and there's difference readings of CPU 0 between sensor status and it graph (different value : v440-2240: 37 c, on v441 -2265: -999.0 c), i hope you could check it.

I noticed the same thing on mine, but mine is calling it "Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C2]". I ignored it because I didn't need it. You could always send Martin your HWiNFO Report Text logfile; maybe it will help him correct the issue :)

The item you see under Audio in HWiNFO is the HDA controller. Beneath it you should see the Realtek HDA device as codec.

Please try to close the graph and open again what will be displayed. Also please upgrade to the latest HWiNFO version. If the issue persists, please attach 2-3 screenshots showing different values.

Martin said:
The item you see under Audio in HWiNFO is the HDA controller. Beneath it you should see the Realtek HDA device as codec.

Please try to close the graph and open again what will be displayed. Also please upgrade to the latest HWiNFO version. If the issue persists, please attach 2-3 screenshots showing different values.

yup I see , it just doesn't say Realtek High Definition Audio in the Audio tab.

Martin said:

i see different hardware id under HDA controllers in HWiNFO, different from realtek HDA hardware id properties in Windows Device Manager.

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 6
OK, I'll try to fix this in the next build. Those controllers will display their codecs.

Martin said:

i couldn't recreate ss with -9999.0 values right now, somehow it appears, next time not, maybe later i'll give you the ss.
thanks before.

Edit :
I attached 2 attachment, first as you requested, 2nd after i restarted HWiNFO, each included .CSV.
Same goes to GPU thermal diode graph after moving my mouse to wake up my monitor, i couldn't recreate too.

Attachments

• 1.zip
    692.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.zip
    690.4 KB · Views: 3
I found what's the problem - sometimes the sensor cannot read correct data and this is not properly displayed in Graph/Tray/etc.
I'll fix handling of such situation in the next (Beta) build.

v4.43-2285 Beta should fix the issue with invalid values in graphs. It should also improve reporting of HDA Codecs in your system.
Please let me know the results if possible.

Now some time the CPU 0 graph don't get refreshed/ move to left, but the -9999.0 not appear again i think.
As seen in the pic, graph from CPU and CPU 0 not match

Attachments

• 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 2
Martin said:
Not refreshing is because the sensor is sometimes not able to provide a valid temperature.

:p
can you give it just blank lines/ spaces at the graph, to matching position to CPU graph at hh:mm: ss where CPU graph give value when it shouldn't too? when i move mouse pointer to blank position then appear some tooltip saying 'Not Available (N/A) at hh:mm: ss'. Just a thought.

Back