SATA 1-2-3 recognition

armaggedon51

I was wondering if it is possible with hwinfo to see if a motherboard support sata 1-2-3, I cannot see that info anywhere beside the drives identification listing.
TX

This is currently possible only for some SATA controllers in the list of PCI devices.
If you have a drive connected to the controller, then you can also see the current rate at which it runs.

Martin said:
This is currently possible only for some SATA controllers in the list of PCI devices.
If you have a drive connected to the controller, then you can also see the current rate at which it runs.

Hello Martin, thanks for the quick answer. OK, as for the drives attached, I can see what the controller is rated at with your program but not sure where is the actual transfer rate figure. I.E. I have an Ocz Vertex drive ssd which is rated and shown as sata 3 (6 gbs) but my motherboard has only sata 2 ports. Can you tell me which item to look for ?

Also is your program able to show if AHCI is used ? and for which drives ?

TX
Btw. I have used many hd inventory program but yours is one of the best and easiest to use. Good job.

Sorry, I was wrong about the current rate. The "Serial ATA 6Gb/s" reported by HWiNFO is actually the rate which the drive supports, not the current mode.
HWiNFO is currently unable to report the SATA rate at which the drive currently runs, nor if AHCI is used.

Back