Sensor values exist and then disappear within the session?

psisis

I'm somewhat confused. I could swear I saw (i)GPU clock and GPU voltage (under CPU: Enhanced tab), then when I looked a bit later they were nowhere to be found. They aren't in the layout settings either. So I can't manually enable them.

On the System Summary I can see my Intel UHD gpu, but clock and some other values are crossed out. When clock existed in the sensors, it said 0mhz, but 1000mhz Max. But I don't know how accurate that is.

This is because reading the GPU voltage is not reliable, the CPU often doesn't provide correct values and returns just 0. In such case when you start HWiNFO this is not included in the list as it's not possible to determine if this is just a temporary problem, or it doesn't return correct values at all. As soon as the readout returns a valid value, it will show up in the list.
Unfortunately this how Intel's IGPUs work...

This is because reading the GPU voltage is not reliable, the CPU often doesn't provide correct values and returns just 0. In such case when you start HWiNFO this is not included in the list as it's not possible to determine if this is just a temporary problem, or it doesn't return correct values at all. As soon as the readout returns a valid value, it will show up in the list.
Unfortunately this how Intel's IGPUs work...
Okay, that sounds reasonable, does it also apply to clock frequency? It's always good to monitor things when you modify clock and voltage. And I just tried it, Intel XTU reports clock and voltage pretty reliably. They both spike when I use graphics.

But I might not understand why the sensors disappear altogether. I have values that's stayed at 0 through the whole session.

Oops I actually found iGPU VAXG, it's with the Mobo voltages. Wait a second. Now I see clock too. Could they appear only when GPU is used?

Yeah I think I understand now. It shows up instantly when iGPU is used. It disappears like 10 seconds later. Thanks for your help

If there is any way to keep the index alive it'd be cool. For alerts and stuff

Back