Show Graph

MikeyB

The “Show Graph” menu item stopped working for two of my key sensors, Total CPU Usage and CPU Package (temperature). Everything else seems to be working fine. The “Show Graph” option is shown in the menu in normal font – not bold, and not gray. Those sensor graphs have been visible on my monitor and working for more than a year. I have a 3 monitor rig, running Win10-64. I use HWiNFO64 as the background from startup on one of the screens. I normally display the Sensor Status text window and 9 sensor graphs on that display. Recently, a different display died and had to be replaced. During that replacement episode, my “normal” screen setup was obviously disrupted. Now, I can’t find my missing graphs or restart them. I need HWiNFO64 guidance. How can I get my sensors back? I’m addicted to HWiNFO64 data. BTW, I just updated HWiNFO64 to the latest version, V5.50-3130. That didn’t help.

I suppose that the problem is because those graphs are displayed, but most probably outside the visible desktop area (perhaps due to the change in monitor appearance?).
The easiest way would be to completely Reset Preferences in HWiNFO, but then you would need to reconfigure all your user settings again.
If that's not an option for you, let me know and I will try to provide a method to restore those graphs via registry editing.

Martin said:
I suppose that the problem is because those graphs are displayed, but most probably outside the visible desktop area (perhaps due to the change in monitor appearance?).
The easiest way would be to completely Reset Preferences in HWiNFO, but then you would need to reconfigure all your user settings again.
If that's not an option for you, let me know and I will try to provide a method to restore those graphs via registry editing.

Reset Preferences did not bring back the lost graphs. I agree this behavior is the result of losing a graphic display, and that the graphs are somewhere in phantom display space. Win10 does not handle multiple 4k monitors in a fixed manner. Things are always jumping around. I think this is a Win10 problem surfacing on HWiNFO. Given that, I decided to start over by uninstalling and reinstalling HWiNFO. That was not fun, but it worked. My desktop is back the way I like it. Thanks. Again, I love HWiNFO.

Yeah, that must have been something related to Windows. But I'm glad that you found a way how to solve it and it works now properly.

I just had troubles with graph windows too after connecting/reconnecting several monitors. One of them 4k.

The solution I found was to backup "HWiNFO64.INI".
Then Deinstall HWiNFO.
Then opening RegEdit and navigate to: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>HWiNFO64"
Deleting the whole HWiNFO64 branch. Deleting just the "Sensors" subbranch probably would have worked too.
Then Reinstalling HWiNFO.
Placing the Backup INI file back into the install folder.

Now HWiNFO all the application preferences have been restored, by the backup, but the sensors preferences have all been deleted.
I was again able to create certain graphs.

Procedure for HWiNFO 32 should be similar.

I came to this solution after creating a "Backup User Setting" found in the settings. The backup was of the Branch inside the registry. So to reset these settings I had to delete these registry entries. Deinstall didn't remove them.

HWiNFO keeps screen positions of graphs in the registry. So if you detach a monitor it might attempt to display the graph at non-existing coordinates. There's a patch for such situations for main/sensor windows, but not for graphs. I'll add this for graphs too.
So before detaching a monitor or changing their appearance I suggest to first move graphs to an area, which will be visible after the change and then close HWiNFO.
Also, there's no need to manually delete all settings and uninstall/reinstall HWiNFO. You can delete all user settings easily by pressing the "Reset Preferences" button in main HWiNFO settings.

Sorry if this is considered bumping an old thread at this point, but I wanted to report that I am also having this issue in version 5.54-3200. Graph windows seem to be disappearing - for example, I opened about three or four then pressed escape which I guess minimized HWInfo. When I brought the sensors window back up, the graphs did not open back up with it, even though they show as open (grayed out) for the appropriate sensors. Any way to get these windows back at this point?

Exact behavior depends on settings you're using. Is the "Minimize Graphs with sensors window" option enabled ?
After pressing Esc, was the main sensor window with graphs really minimized and you brought it back via the icon in notification area (tray) ?

Martin said:
Exact behavior depends on settings you're using. Is the "Minimize Graphs with sensors window" option enabled ?
After pressing Esc, was the main sensor window with graphs really minimized and you brought it back via the icon in notification area (tray) ?

Yeah, that option is enabled. I'm pretty sure they really were minimized, I brought it back by right clicking the icon and picking "Sensors". So far nothing else has disappeared since that, although I still can't bring back the old ones like my GPU Temp. I did notice its graph briefly flashing in the top-right hand side of my primary monitor (which happens to be display #2 on my graphics card).

It's possible that the missing graphs has been given invalid screen coordinates.
Please try the latest HWiNFO Beta version, it should have a fix for this situation. If that won't help, try to do a complete "Reset Preferences" in HWiNFO.

Excellent, the graphs are back! And the ones that were working before have retained their positions. Thank you!

Yes this is still old but i got a workaround for People that hit enter on Graphs or their Graphs in general disappear with grey "Show graph" Button. so they can't bring them back.

Set In the Regedit entry the "IsGraph" value to 0 , let reapaer the Graph after restart.

To the author: a "remove Graph" Button would be nice to recover graphs without messing to much with your settings.

And yes i necro this thread for one reason: You have a Problem. You google it. And only this three year old threads turns up...WITHOUT A GODDAMN SOLUTION! So i register here to give at least a workaround for other people they may stumble in the future over this.

Back