Strange ATA issue

mididoc

Hi Martin,

in the system summary, i get two strange "ATA" devices.

i have not these in my system.

i have only sata devices.

see attached screenshots.

i also attach report zip. hope this helps.

thanks for assistance.

cheers

Attachments

• ata.jpg
    ata.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 5
  • ata1.jpg
    ata1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 3
  • dx58so2.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
This is because some storage drivers sometimes return garbage. Upgrading them might help.

Martin said:
This is because some storage drivers sometimes return garbage. Upgrading them might help.

i have only newest intel drivers installed.

this is not visible in windows hardware infos or intel tools.

btw.

this is not in version 3 i had before.

cheers

i have intel rapid storage driver installed,
exectly for this motherboards by intel.

i'm sure there is no garbage in my system, which is used for professional utilisation in studio.
hwinfo64 reads different results anytime i try again, once it's ata once it's a red crossed sata,
once they are two devices, once just one.

i'm sure the problem is hwinfo64 in this case.

would be nice to have this sorted out.

thanks

HWiNFO displays only what it gets from the storage drivers. The problem is that at certain addresses they sometimes return what you see.
Please attach a few HWiNFO Debug Files, so I can see the raw data. I'll then try to filter that out.

Martin said:
HWiNFO displays only what it gets from the storage drivers. The problem is that at certain addresses they sometimes return what you see.
Please attach a few HWiNFO Debug Files, so I can see the raw data. I'll then try to filter that out.

hi martin, thanks

ok found how to write debug file.
find it attached.

thanks

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    66.5 KB · Views: 0
mididoc said:
Martin said:

hi martin, thanks

ok found how to write debug file.
find attachments.

thanks

Attachments

• HWiNFO64-1.zip
    59 KB · Views: 2
  • HWiNFO64-2.zip
    57.2 KB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFO64-3.zip
    55.4 KB · Views: 1
martin,

the problem comes sure from hwinfo reading the intel rapid storage driver.
since this kind of driver is used for all intel boards, it's worth to sort out also for other users.
it's not recommended to run my system without this driver, there is also no alternative.

the wrong reading of these "ata" drives is randomly.
in fact hwinfo reads every new start another thing.
1 ata or two ata.
some in green with chinese letters or in red or even yellow.

hope that the debug files help you.

thanks so long

A comment about this topic, I can't tell what version of the IRST driver mididoc is using, but if it is a recent version such as 13.x or 14.x, that might explain the issue.

The SATA chipset on mididoc's board is the ICH10R, a great but older chipset. The latest versions of the IRST drivers do not include official support for older chipsets like the ICH10R. Yes the drivers will install, but the SATA standard it supports is beyond what the ICH10R was designed to work with.

Of course, a buggy IRST version is also a possibility.

Back