Svm/Secure boot removing sensors

gfzz

Hello, first I would like to mention that hwinfo is absolutely amazing and I have been using it for years so thank you for your fantastic work/support. So on topic, I have noticed enabling either svm in bios or secure boot or trusted computing or all of them at once disables per core clock reporting/voltage sensors in hwinfo, is that normal and if not how can I remediate that behavior? (ryzen 5 1600, b350 pc mate on latest beta bios 7A34vALR ).

Enabling virtualization can cause the loss of some information, but that depends on what is being virtualized in the operating system.
So just enabling SVM in BIOS should make no such difference, but having Hyper-V active could.
Which exact sensors will be lost in such case, can you please attach the HWiNFO Debug File with SVM enabled?

Thank your for your reply, debug file with SVM enabled in bios attached, along with debug file with SVM disabled

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.7z
    111.3 KB · Views: 1
  • SVM off.7z
    197.4 KB · Views: 1
In case of SVM, the Hyper-V is activated too and that is blocking access to several hardware-related registers, so HWiNFO is unable to retrieve those parameters.
Try to disable Hyper-V.

I followed the instructions here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ns-do-not-work-together-with-hyper-v-device-g but hyper-v was already unchecked in windows features, I also tried the powershell command and got this:

I also noticed that the blocked sensors work if i disable memory integrity setting in core isolation option in windows security. Could something else use hyper-v or something? I have never enabled/used it personally

Edit: upon further investigation i came across this: Memory Integrity (also called hypervisor-protected code Integrity or HVCI), uses Microsoft’s Hyper-V hypervisor to virtualise the hardware running some Windows kernel-model processes, protecting them against the injection of malicious code.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-07-21 200627.png
    Annotation 2020-07-21 200627.png
    8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Yup, it can be caused by the Memory Integrity feature of Hyper-V. Might be sufficient to disable just that.

Enabling SVM in bios along with secure boot and trusted computing works fine if you keep memory integrity setting disabled in windows security. Thank you for your time, case closed I reckon.

Back